Menu
User Avatar Image

"Storage device lost"

posted by Luizao876 on - last edited - Viewed by 15.3K users

For some reason, everytime I play Episode 5, and when it is on loading, this pops on:

"The storage device was removed while saving or loading. The game will now exit to the title screen."

Then, when I restart to where I was, it never loads, it stays in a black screen and never loads.

Does Telltale or someone knows the solution for this?

157 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Now on Episode 3 and have yet to experience a Storage Lost error.

I did receive another strange error - I think I paused the game just as a new scene was starting (possibly autosaving at that point) , and all of a sudden it said the device containing the game was removed, even though it was on the HD! I was kicked back to the dashboard, and restarted TWD. Luckily I was able to pick up where I was.

I have also been downloading other games in the background again. I get the error that Downloading has stopped for the game, but no save corruption or Storage errors.

• I am having the same problem iv got a brand new xbox with 150g free and i deleted al the WD data tried to play it again and nothing ! still doesn't work i want my money back !

• User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff
    In reply to hoji86

I am having the same problem iv got a brand new xbox with 150g free and i deleted al the WD data tried to play it again and nothing ! still doesn't work i want my money back !

link

Please try deleting the game, and re-downloading it from the Xbox Marketplace after you have deleted your save files. After downloading it, make sure you are connected to the internet when you start it, to ensure you have downloaded the latest Title Update available for the game. Then start a new game, and you should not experience this particular issue on your new game.

• Okay, so I've only used save files 1 and 2. Save file 1 is from a long time back when I played episode 1. Save file 2 has everything from Season 1 including the DLC. I wanted to replay the DLC to fix some of my choices before importing to season 2 and I do get that storage error as well. How can I fix this without doing a FULL playthrough (I only wish to do a 400 days DLC playthrough with my season 1 choices intact).

• User Avatar Image
    In reply to bp22601

Okay, so I've only used save files 1 and 2. Save file 1 is from a long time back when I played episode 1. Save file 2 has everything from Season 1 including the DLC.

link

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately you may need to delete one of your save slots, and then see if you are able to play through 400 Days on your preferred save slot. My apologies for any difficulties that this may cause you.

• So I've been playing through season 1 again on my third save slot, I've reached episode 4 and first got this message as lee gets his leg stuck in the stairs. Since then I've tried to find a fix with little luck; I've tried everything from deleting my saves to using a different storage device but still I'm getting the same storage device lost error? I really don't want to start it again as I've been playing it recently so it'll be really annoying to do that so does anyone know anything I can do to help please?

• User Avatar Image
    In reply to TaG SphinX

So I've been playing through season 1 again on my third save slot, I've reached episode 4 and first got this message as lee gets his leg stuck in the stairs.

link

My apologies, unfortunately if you have tried deleting your save slots in-game, and are still experiencing the issue, you will need to go to your save files from your Storage Device menu from your Xbox Dashboard, and delete your save file associated with The Walking Dead: Season One, and start a new game. I apologize for any difficulties this may cause you.

• This has to be something you can fix without deleting saves. Mine froze up near the end of Episode 5. If I want these choices to go through to Season 2 I can't just delete them while I'm at the end. It's ridiculous that this has been an issue for almost two years. I also don't understand how my game can work perfectly, and then when I want to run through it again it breaks. Help or get a patch out. Please.

• i have found the solution! i was getting the same storage device lost error message and was looking all over the net for a fix. i have found it, myself. when you get the error message, DON'T copy your saved game to another file slot to try right away. INSTEAD, REWIND to the most recent chapter, which'd be the scenario you were on WHEN THE CRASH HAPPENED. then once the chapter has loaded and got it's first autosave, QUIT TO THE MAIN MENU. THEN copy the save to an empty file, then play on THAT file instead. i did this and it fixed the error i'd been getting continuously.

• User Avatar Image
    In reply to cr00ker

i have found the solution! i was getting the same storage device lost error message and was looking all over the net for a fix. i have found it, myself.

link

Thank you for providing the extra information on how you were able to resolve your issue. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

This discussion has been closed.