Little surprised no-one's talking about the XBox One, which was officially announced today.
And has a stupid name.
Really, there's a lot we could say about this console, but I'll just bullet-point the best bits.
- It's called the XBox One. Even though it's actually the third. *sigh*
- The controller is extremely similar to the 360s, with a better D-Pad and higher Home button.
- It comes with an updated Kinect... that the console WILL NOT FUCTION WITHOUT.
- It won't be backwards compatible. With anything. 360 games, XBLA games, nothing. *facepalm*
- Playing a used game? You'll be charged a fee to do so.
In short - fail. The used games thing is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth, and it's going to ruin this console.
EDIT: Oh, you're all talking about it in the "Whatever's On Your Mind" thread. Well, whatever.