Menu
86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Why is this even being compared? These are two completely different games in aspects of gameplay and story.

• *shrugs*

TLOU is an excellent game. I have next to no criticisms of it.

It just didn't emotionally engage and 'wreck' me like TWD did, but then precious few things ever have.

• Okay so i havent played TLOU yet, So i honestly cant judge it. But i can say that there is a huugggeee diffrence between the games. The publishers TellTale and Naughty Dog both make different kinds of games Naughty dog makes action games and TellTale makes point-and click adventures with a HEAVY focus on story. From that i receive that Naughty Dog isnt as experinced as TellTale in telling a gripping Narrative. Like i said i cant judge entirely but this is what i think.

• I just really, really liked Tess ;) That facial animation was the shit.

• @Sick Octopus said: I just really, really liked Tess ;) That facial animation was the shit.

I know, that look she had was so unbelievably human

• @loop hole said: There were many parts that hit me in the game; the part you said, the part with the kid and his brother,the part with Joel before Ellie was by herself,the part where Ellie was taken etc, i'm trying to be vague so I don't spoil anything. Even the letters I read about other survivors that didn't make it and the people who opted out that were found when raiding houses for supplies hit me a bit, oh and how can I forget the prologue. Seeing the kid cry nearly made me cry. I didn't cry in TWD or TLOU but I came far closer to crying in TLOU because they look and sound so real. I mean the actors playing these characters are proper movie actors and not the straight to dvd shit like what Fennoy usually acts in but cinema released flicks, such is the calibre of the voice talents and you go through so much more with these characters that when they do die it hit me more, especially when they are close to getting to safety. You see the down time in the lengthy cut scenes when Joel is bonding with new survivors, kids playing, the adults talking about the old world etc. Then again as I have said in previous posts we can't all see things the same way.

You did not really just insult Dave Fannoy, I mean sure there are more prolific voice actors like Noland North, Troy Baker and such but he did such a great job in Walking Dead.

• @TinyCarlos said: Why is this even being compared? These are two completely different games in aspects of gameplay and story.

I don't think anyone compares the games in regard to game play, I think, like myself others see the similarity in theme,story what with them both being apocalyptic settings with infected hostiles. People in TLOU turn and reanimate in the same way that walkers do in TWD. The only difference between the two stories is in TWD the virus origins are unknown where as the TLOU is backed up by science like the virus is in I am legend. Both games are heavily influenced by TWD comics and use Kirkman's ingredients to great effect. Kirkman's walking dead stands apart from other zombie apocalyptic stories because the focus isn't on the monsters but rather the human conditioning and the co existence of man with the new apex predator. They are not just running off like headless chickens and getting killed they are learning how to survive in the new world with a view to rebuilding civilisation. Kirkman described it best when asked what TWD is about; "hugs cries and shit". It's ups and down, people living day to day,finding people and loosing people. It's drama and it's emotional, both games have that in my view. TLOU just pulled on my heart strings a bit more with it's harsh, gritty realism, the fact that it pulled no punches and made me feel like I was fighting to survive with these virtual people comprised of polygons.

• @Bioshock Infinite WD said: You did not really just insult Dave Fannoy, I mean sure there are more prolific voice actors like Noland North, Troy Baker and such but he did such a great job in Walking Dead.

He meant his acting career. Yeah he is a great VA but he hasn't been playing any major roles in movies or tv. Hell, I haven't even heard of him before TWD

• In that case this might really be his start, sorry must have miss read that.

Add Comment