Menu
User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead: Real Monsters (Fanfic)

posted by Visambros on - last edited - Viewed by 7.7K users

I've wondered what had happened to Nate before you see him for the first time on the 41th Day. So I made a fic about it. The first chapter starts on day 2 and the last chapter will end on the 41th day. It will depict his struggles to survive the apocalypse.

It will also be written as if an outside source were playing the game. There will be fake credits and "options" that the person "chooses". But it's written in the point of view of the characters and not the person "playing".

I will be posting it here, but I have also posted it on other websites, so you can read it there if you'd like.

Here are the other websites
Antifanfiction
Fanfiction.net
Archive of our own
Tumblr
Wattpad

On this website
Chapter 1 starts below
Chapter 2 starts on page three
Physical descriptions of Vaughan and Charlie on page five *beware of possible spoilers*
Chatper 3 starts on page six

175 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @HiggsBoson2142 said: Huh. I wonder if Walt and Jean will make an appearance.

Anyways, what would've happened if you didn't fight back?

We'll see~

After all the chapters are done, I'm planning on making some special chapter(s) about how things would have changed if you made different choices.

As far as what happens if you don't fight back, this is not set in stone but here's what I'm thinking (Long story short): The neighbours grab Vaughan and injure him, making him walk with a slight limp for the rest of the story. Nate tries to hold Charlie back but she freaks out and kills a few of them. Nate and friends run away and drive off.

The difference with this choice and the original one is that this choice makes Vaughan lack any grudge against Nate (because even though Nate let him get injured, Nate didn't hurt any 'innocent' people) and focuses all his anger on Charlie (because Charlie killed people). While Charlie is angry at Nate for not defending Vaughan.

• PAIN

So I was writing the second chapter of this fic when I realized that, in order to make it better, I would have to rewrite everything!

...Okay not really everything but I do have to start over. And I was 3312 words in!

Why? :(

• What a shame, can't wait do read it when it's done :)

• @TeamKennyAlways said: What a shame, can't wait do read it when it's done :)

Thank you.

I'm 787 words into my Take 2 of chapter 2 now. If I can write 2525 more words today I'll be caught up to were I was before.

• I am sure you can do it, I think I type that amount in my fan fic every so days.

• Chapter 2 original opening
    This was the original opening of the second chapter of The Walking Dead: Real Monsters before I decided to start over. Because I’m not going to use it in the fic, and because I think it’s really good, I figure I may as well post it here.

Contains no spoilers for the newer version.

The undead creature stopped midway through its dragging stride in the middle of the road. The pupils in its cloudy eyes contracted as it heard a rumbling hum coming from its right. The noise wasn’t there before. The noise was getting louder. The noise was food and food must be stalked. It must be ganged up upon, bitten, shredded, devoured.

Turned.

The monster positioned itself towards the noise and walked, groaning constantly as it had ever since it stopped being a man with partner and children, and became a thing devoted solely to eating and infecting.

The noise was even closer, now accompanied by two round glowing lights and a metal frame. The zombie’s steps became hurried as it prepared to get through the metal and at the meal inside.

The rumbling hum quieted as the metal frame and lights slowed to a stop. The metal was stationary for a moment, watching as the monster gradually closed the distance between them. A glass shield from the side of the metal lowered itself and food came out. It sat themselves on the edge of the frame where the glass shield once was and held a stick in their hand.

The metal frame began to screech as sped towards the creature. The food raised the arm holding the stick. The zombie growled, exposing teeth filled with the food debris of it's former family’s flesh. It stretched rotting hands out to the food, wanting to grab the food and consume them.

The metal swerved around the monster. The food brought the stick down on the thing’s head. There was a loud cracking noise as fragments of the creature’s skull were forced into its brain.

The zombie died for the second time before its body hit the pavement.

• @Visambros said: We'll see~

After all the chapters are done, I'm planning on making some special chapter(s) about how things would have changed if you made different choices.

As far as what happens if you don't fight back, this is not set in stone but here's what I'm thinking (Long story short): The neighbours grab Vaughan and injure him, making him walk with a slight limp for the rest of the story. Nate tries to hold Charlie back but she freaks out and kills a few of them. Nate and friends run away and drive off.

The difference with this choice and the original one is that this choice makes Vaughan lack any grudge against Nate (because even though Nate let him get injured, Nate didn't hurt any 'innocent' people) and focuses all his anger on Charlie (because Charlie killed people). While Charlie is angry at Nate for not defending Vaughan.

I just thought about something, if Nate does a different lie does Charlie's weapon of choice change? That would be kinda cool.

• @TeamKennyAlways said: I just thought about something, if Nate does a different lie does Charlie's weapon of choice change? That would be kinda cool.

You know what? I didn't think about that before, but that would be cool. Though if we pretend that this is an actual video game, I don't know if that would happen.

• Thanks for posting this wonderful fanfic, I'm loving it!

• @Thecat101 said: Thanks for posting this wonderful fanfic, I'm loving it!

Thank you. The second chapter should be out soon.

Add Comment