Menu
User Avatar Image

AMC Announces New TWD Spinoff Series

posted by Zeruis on - Viewed by 3.2K users

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/16/the-walking-dead-amc-announces-new-companion-spinoff-series

Wow. Anyone can see AMC is in hot water right now. Breaking Bad is ending, Mad Men is going next year, and there are hardly any shows that people watch on the network except for BB,MM and TWD. This whole idea of a WD spinoff series just screams blatant cash grab. We know BB is going to have a spinoff, so Kirkman and the producers decide to do the same thing.

Disregarding the idea that I don't even watch the show anymore, I don't like the idea of a spinoff series.

What do all of you think?

27 Comments
  • Yep, they would fail without question if they were handed any bits of the game, I think they are going crazy with spin offs, and I would like to mention that with every great spin off like Fraiser you get 5 bad spin offs, the fact they already have a spin off in the making makes it that much more obvious they are cash grabbing, if it is good then I will stop complaining at once, but the odds are not in it's favor.

• Don't get the problem... don't like it, don't watch it!

It's not like AMC forces you...

• We are well aware, I won't be watching it, just complaining about money grubbing, not that it really matters.

• I do watch the show and love it (and I dont think its gone downhill but getting better every season) and I think it sounds like a good idea. There's a lot they can do with the universe without being stuck in Atlanta with our main crew. Cash grab? Maybe? I dont care as long as its good.

• Both the television and comic series' appeal had lost me a bit early on, if I'm honest. I like the "zombie story without an ending/day to day life" concept of the series, but the characters are a bit too flat for this kind of thing. I don't really care for any of them after a while.

(then again, I had been pretty burned by LOST, so I'm probably not the fairest person to cast judgement anymore.)

However, that Saul spinoff can't happen soon enough. Bob Odenkirk back in a leading role, as a sleazy lawyer? Yes, please.

e: Shit, come to think of it, Telltale's into these big licenses now, right? How amazing would a Saul Goodman game be? Weasling your clients out of jail, etc. I'd be the opposite of a Phoenix Wright game.

• Im more meh on the Saul spinoff. I thought he was best in small doses.

• e: Shit, come to think of it, Telltale's into these big licenses now, right? How amazing would a Saul Goodman game be? Weasling your clients out of jail, etc. I'd be the opposite of a Phoenix Wright game.

I know WALKING DEAD is meant to be a "morally ambiguous" video game, but I have to draw the line at something that's flat-out morally bankrupt. Call me a prude all you like.

• Well I would buy it, then again there has been no Breaking Bad game ever made, which is odd knowing that it is one of the highest rated TV shows of all time, higher then Walking Dead in fact.

• User Avatar Image
    OlgaSedova BANNED

Ew. As if the original show is not bad enough...

• It just dawned on me that the spinoff is another way of keeping another WD story running, in case the original goes off air. I personally can't see TWD going past 6 seasons. By then, Carl's actor will be too old. And that's a big problem.

• Yep, and what if a actor wants to leave, Jeffery DeMunn wanted to leave, hence why they killed of Dale, it can't last forever unlike the comic's, just the way it works.

• Well...TWD is a serie that really captivates me, but with TWD coming in, what's with the spin-off? I do like spin-offs, but I'm worried that AMC won't be able to make such a dramatic experience like the main series did.

Add Comment