User Avatar Image

Login Error

posted by Lysha on - last edited - Viewed by 7.1K users

I just bought and downloaded The Wolf Among Us, and I can't get past the title screen. When I click on the "Click Anywhere to begin" screen, it just says "Login Error Can't communicate with Telltale Servers". It doesn't even ask me to login first. I have a good internet connection and The Walking Dead works just fine. Can anyone help?

54 Comments
  • Changing the password to one without special characters and logging in with username + new password solved it! Guys, better get that fixed ;-)

• Login Error Can't communicate with Telltale Servers (me too!!) i am changing password. but not solve it...

• User Avatar Image
      MattP Telltale Staff

If you have changed your password to only use letters and numbers, please follow the instructions posted by DjNDB in the first reply to this thread to clear out your registry Launcher folder. The next time you launch the game you should be prompted for your login information.

• I changed my password on the TellTaleGames website and that seemed to make mine work. Hope this helps. :)

• Absolute disgrace, It's now April 2014 and people such as myself are experiencing this issue.

• Indeed it is, this is really frustrating, I have tried everything, but still I cant seem to log in !

• I e-mailed support and they gave me a steam key - at least I can play the game. They say that they are currently investigating the problem.

But I think it is a shame that this error persists since release of the first episode and is obviously not a problem with our systems (I tried two different systems (xp and win7) and had the same result. I've also deleted the registry entrys over and over - even tried to change the rights for the entrys. I've switched username and e-mail at least 20 times. I then tried to reinstall The Walking Dead and could log in the first time I tried. I also tried to enter wrong passwords ect. and got another error message - so the message that the game could not connect to the TTG servers is plain wrong. I cannot understand how this problem can remain such a long time unfixed and obviously not being reproduced by the staff at TTG. As I said before: now using the steam key is a solution for me but as far as I understand not everybody got one and this error has to be fixed.

• Chalk another up for this error. I bought it from GMG, and am now stuck. Hopefully they see a way to figuring out their own login servers.

• I really hope TTG will solve this problem asap. Otherwise I cannot buy another game from them directly because I don't know if I will have the same problem again or not. This is such a shame since I really love every TTG and really want to support them. I cannot understand how this error could exist over months! You just need to count the number of threads mentioning this problem and you will see that this problem concerns many people/customers. So far there has not said a word as how soon the error will be fixed or if they have found out why it appears at the first time.

• I just counted the threads myself - so far I could count 24 of them. If each thread would only contain postings written by one customer that would be 24 x 24,99$ = 599,76$ for Telltale selling a game which does not work a bit for these cuistomers. If it is highly unlikely that only one cusomer writes in one thread so we could at least double or triple the amount of (unsatisfied) customers => 3 x 24 x 24,99 = 1799,28$ and so on. Much money and many unsatisfied customers. @TTG: This is a problem you really should not underestimate and it is absolutely not understandable how this can persist for months now! You should at least give some feedback how far you are in locating that error. Giving no info let everybody of the 72 (or maybe much more) customers think that you don't care.

• Still haven't gotten a reply to the email I sent yesterday about the issue after trying everything they have said in these forums. It really is beginning to feel like they don't seem to care a whole lot about this issue since we're this far past launch for TWAU and WD2 and it looks like almost nothing has been done to solve the bigger problem :/

• User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have not, I suggest contacting our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and they will be able to assist you with this issue. If you already have contacted our Support Staff, please know they are working hard to answer every email, in the order that they are received.

• User Avatar Image
      TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

My apologies, I cannot open your support tool file. Please make sure you are uploading the .zip file that you receive after running the support tool. Also, if you have not done so yet, please contact/email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com for further assistance with your issue.

• Now, I am really getting tired of this, I asked for the steam key and still no reply. How can they not solve this problem, firstly you want us to buy the game and when we do, we cant play it, I have tried everything and this is really frustrating.

Add Comment