Menu
219 Comments
  • The character development isn't pointless. If they hadn't developed Omid nobody would care that he's dead. Killing off underdeveloped characters that nobody cares about would be pointless. Developing a character and then killing them is what gives the death meaning, makes us feel, and in the end makes for a better story. Dark tales such as TWD aren't for the faint of heart or for those that must have the hero win.

• I agree. It's not like I ever cared for Omid or Christa that much (assuming the later is also dead) but it feels pointless to just kill everyone. What's with that? It felt like they wanted to start from scratch and just clean up the two loose ends from season 1 right off the bat. I understand it's a zombie apocalypse but if you're going to just kill everyone there's not much point in playing. Especially if it's as rushed and forced as that was; like I said it felt like they decided to start with a clean slate and take out what was left from season 1.

• While I don't agree with the idea that this is bad writing, I do agree with the "clean slate" notion. It is common form for video games that have sequels (but is found in other forms of media as well). Simply put, when you have a sequel, you don't want to have new players feel like they are missing something. If characters have too much of a connected backstory from the previous game, then new players may feel detached and will not develop the interest or attachment to characters needed for an emotional story. In other words, the new player will discover along with the protagonist they are controlling, and in a sense, feel connected as if the avatar is merely an extension of the player's will.

Having Omid die, especially way he did, was cruel. It was unexpected and completely pointless. But that, of course, is the whole point. The Walking Dead, be it comic, TV show, or game, is a harsh, uncaring world that is always at the edge of disaster and despair, no matter how bright and care-free things feel at the moment. Omid's death introduces new players to this reality, and reminds returning players to this unrelenting fact by slapping them in the face.

• Its the walking dead. It'll get worse. Just the way Robert Kirkman intends it to.

• This is the walking dead examples like lee and now omid proves that just about anyone can die now am more worried about clem now more then ever :''(

• Do you read the comic book?

Same shit.

R.I.P in peace, that one black guy that gets executed by the governor (I believe that to be spoiler free enough).

• I guess I still have mixed feelings. I can see why they did it, (further isolating Clem with new people while also explaining how she survived the time skip) but I'm disappointed that there was so much built up emotion surrounding the questions on whether Clementine found them, and the state of Christa's pregnancy, but it's all over by the intro's end. I didn't really have time to ease into any emotional reaction to it, but I suppose that's part of the point...

I almost think I would have responded better if it had been done at the end of the episode instead, with the recent death of a friend and separation of another being what drove you into the arms of a group of strangers.

• Poor Omid. He died in very first scene lol. It's kind of mindfuck.

• User Avatar Image
    UndeadEuan BANNED

Really hope Christa survives it all. She's by far by favourite character now.

• Omid got killed after he had sex with Christa in the other bathroom. lol

First the scavenger threatened Clementine (a sweet little child) at gunpoint trying to rob her blind. She had no scruple and would have left Clementine behind without any supplies or even a weapon for protection. After accidentally killing Omid she begs for forgiveness and even unarms herself to prove how sorry she is. Yeah, right. Talk about great writing, lol.

I especially like how the scavenger was so deaf, that she never heard Omid enter the bathroom, but her hearing was good enough to hear the door shut. xD

The first episode had tons of ridiculous and unbelievable situations. I suppose we are going to see even more of that during the rest of the season.

• Omg guys, don't blame Telltale for it. Do you want happy end where everyone will love each other, no one will die, etc.? Many good characters died in the first season, too. It won't be TWD without deaths!

Sorry for my English.

Add Comment