User Avatar Image

Refreshing Episode Status

posted by vanhelsing654 on - Viewed by 1.6K users

today i wanted to start up the walking dead game first a update to version 1.01 and then i needed to press start. here is were my problem begins next it says connecting and then it goes to "Refreshing Episode Status" and it stays there forever.

i have the disk version

i have deleted all data i had on my ps3 (a save game? (i haven't even played yet) and the update) and then started the game back up again but the problem still remains.

• i have downloaded the first episode of the PlayStation store first but i only started it up and then exited because i saw only one episode was playable so i deleted it and borrowed the disk version of a friend.

maybe it's nothing but who knows...

• ...............This is ridiculous. I've deleted and re downloaded the game 3x. I bought it back in like May or June when the first season pass was on sale for 5$. Played it a little then, but trying to boot it up now and can't even get past the stupid "refreshing episode status" screen either. Has to be on the network end right? I just want to start a new game anyways. WTF.

~Update: Deleted local and stored save files from before, I was thinking that it was trying to load a save file status that was too old. This didn't work either.

**Another Update... I let this screen running for 2+ hours to just see if it was legitimately doing something... It's still on this screen..

• User Avatar Image
      TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

Can you please provide any more information on where your saves were or what episode you were on?

• I have no clue where I was. I couldn't have been further than the second episode when I played it back in May or June. I want to start over regardless. Its not something I'm doing wrong. I've deleted the data multiple times. Deleted saves from the console and the online server for PS Plus. The game should still load up.

• The same exact thing is happening to me no matter how many times I delete the save data and install it.

• User Avatar Image

Can you please provide anymore information on the issue? Have you downloaded all of the patches for the game? Have you launched Season 2 and imported your saves, and are now going back to season 1?

• I'm having the exact same issue and came to the forum looking for help! I'm playing the PS3 disc version.

I started playing episode 1 for the first time two nights ago. I was about an hour into the episode. I loaded the disc again last night and it wouldn't load past the "refreshing episode status" screen. So this issue occurred after one day of the game playing fine!

Im playing on an old PS3, one of the backwards compatible ones. I was thinking of just buying the PSN version but I don't want this to happen again. Could it be a server issue on the disc version?

• User Avatar Image

We have been investigating the issue, and believe to have found the root cause of what is causing this to happen. We are currently working on the issue, and I will update this thread when I know more. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

• User Avatar Image

We seem to have pinpointed the issue, and believe to have fixed it. Please restart the game fresh, and attempt to play the game now.

• It worked!! Thank you

• IT'S FIXED!!! Thank you!

• i don't know what happend but it's fixed thank you...

This discussion has been closed.