Menu
User Avatar Image

400 days - Black screen

posted by Daw8ID on - Viewed by 1.3K users

Hi,

I have problem - my DLC 400 Days not working. Every time I try to start the game, the episode, it shows me only black screen. I've tried launch the steam in offline mode, online mode I created new game and tried to continue from previous episode but nothing works. I don't know what to do I want to play 400 days before season 2. When I launch the game it says that I have installed all episodes plus one extra. I bought whole season on Steam sale. I've opened the folder WalkingDead106 and there are only two files (0_19_patch.ttarch and 0_19_patch.ttarch) and that's weird. So what should I do? Reinstall it?

Thanks David

10 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Please verify the game cache files.

If that doesn't fix it, please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• I verified game caches and it didn't help. There are support data: http://www.sendspace.com/file/md50my

• User Avatar Image
        DjNDB Moderator

That's weird, the files are still incomplete.

In that case, please uninstall and reinstall the game.

I also noticed special characters in your windows username. In case you run into problems with season 2, please try creating another administrator windows user account with only charaters from a-z in the name.

• I reinstalled the game and result is the same. I verified game caches again, it still says that they are okey but in folder are only two files again. What should I do next?

• User Avatar Image
            DjNDB Moderator

I am not sure what's happening there.

Did you buy the 400 days DLC manually or was it included in the season?

Please right click on "The walking dead" in the steam library, and open the "DLC" tab. What does it say in the items and acquisition method columns of that page?

• Included in the season. It says that for this product I don't have any downloable content. But when I launch the game and click on status of episodes it says that I have 400 days downloaded. Does it mean that I have to buy DLC manually?

• User Avatar Image
                DjNDB Moderator

Normally the 400 days DLC is sold separately on steam, but there might have been other offers. Where did you buy the game and did it specifically say that 400 days is included?

• I've bought it on Steam's sale as a complete season but I don't remember if there was specifically said that 400 days is included but if it weren't why would I have that this DLC shown in game as a installed?

• User Avatar Image
                    DjNDB Moderator

400 days is normally not included if you buy the season on the steam, and what you see in the DLC tab confirms that's the case for what you bought.

I just realized that you installed a language modification to the game.
                    The game probably recognizes these files, since they are there for 400 days, and believes it is installed, while it is not.

400 days should work if you buy it, but we don't support unofficial game modifications here. Should it not work once you bought it, you'd have to manually delete the modified files and verify the game cache.

This discussion has been closed.