User Avatar Image

"Connection lost while downloading"

posted by Beardy on - Viewed by 225 users

Hello. I have been playing The walking dead season 1, and have had no problems until i tried downloading the "400 days" episode. after a couple of minutes downloading an error message pops up and says "Connection lost while downloading. Please ensure you have a working internet connection and re-attempt the download" Any advice? I am afraid of re-installing the game and losing all my progress.

5 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify what platform you are playing on? (PC/Mac/PS3/Xbox) Also, if you are on the computer, are you playing the game from our website, or on Steam? If you are receiving a connection lost error, and you are sure you have a strong internet connection, please make sure that you don't have any anti-virus or internet firewall programs running that may be blocking access to the proper servers.

• I am playing on a windows XP pc, and i bought and installed the game via your website. I have also not had any trouble downloading the other episodes and the setup should be the same as then. Thanks for the quick reply, your support is the best!

• User Avatar Image
      TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I recommend restarting your computer, and then retrying the download. If that doesn't work, could you possibly try using a different web browser? You can also try clearing your existing web browser's cache before attempting the download again.

• Well, i am not quite sure what you mean. I downloaded the game originally through your website, and now i have to download the different episodes through the game itself. But can i delete then re-install the game, and not lose my progress?

• User Avatar Image
          EvanK Telltale Staff

Another possible solution would be to navigate to your save directory (Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead). Remove the Meta folder from your system, and then open the Data folder and remove the 101PatchFS folder. The next time you start the game, all available patches should automatically install and you should be able to download new episodes. Also delete WalkingDead106 which is also located in the data folder, if it is present.

If you do uninstall the game, there should be an option that asks if you would like to keep the save data. Make sure this is checked, and it will not delete any of your progress.

Add Comment