Menu
User Avatar Image

Can't restore season 1 on my iPad

posted by IceMinus on - Viewed by 459 users

I previously bought the 20 dollar pack for season 1 on my phone but got an iPad for my birthday. When I attempt to use the restore feature in the season 1 app it says it restoring but then nothing happens. Am I missing something or would I need to once again purchase the app to play it on my new device? Thanks for any help that can be passed my way

6 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, you should not have to purchase the game again. Please make sure you are logged into the same iTunes account when attempting to restore the app. Please also view this FAQ on our community support forum to learn suggestions on how to restore your previously purchased episodes on your iOS device here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53347/twd-ios-cannot-restore-workaround

Again, apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced.

• Thank u so much for the reply. I looked for a thread like that but didn't see it. I'm probably just blind. The repurchase workaround worked. Thanks for the reply and the link it was a huge help.

• I had purchased the multipack with 400 days, and have followed the directions in the above workaround link, but still after clicking the buy multipack + 400 days and logging into the same iTunes account I purchased it from, i do not get a notification that I already purchased it, but instead I get a dialog box asking me to confirm if I want to purchase the multipack + 400 days for $19.95. If I click yes, will I get charged again? I am using ios7. I really want to finish this season so I can purchase season 2, but I do not want to have to purchase season 1 again in order to restore it.

• User Avatar Image

As long as you are logged into the same account that you originally purchased the Multi-Pack with, you should be able to press the 'buy' button, and it will alert you that you have already purchased this item, and give you an option to download it again for no extra charge.

• I only have one iTunes account - RJHolohan@aol.com - and have never had another iTunes account, I have followed the work around precisely and restores still don't work. The only other piece of info that I can provide is that I have changed my account password since originally purchasing The Walking Dead. Apple says that refunds are not available after 90 days for in-game purchases. Please don't be another Microsoft in the making and just cut and paste another canned response telling me to try the link again or contact Apple to get a refund. If Telltale is as great as you'd like your potential future employees to believe on your website, then responsibility and pride in your work and try to resolve the problem your product has instead of hiding behind canned responses and bureaucratic policies. I am available at my email address if you choose to actually support your product.

• User Avatar Image

My apologies, unfortunately this is the only known workaround for restoring your lost episodes. If you are unable to receive a refund, my only other suggestion would be to ask Apple if you can purchase the Multi-Pack again, and they can refund you for the second purchase, as it will be in your purchase history that you've purchased it twice. I apologize I could not be of more help.

This discussion has been closed.