Menu
User Avatar Image

kindle fire HD won't reinstall multi pack of TWD season 1 episodes 2-5 plus 400 days

posted by jesi7 on - Viewed by 3.5K users
I'm having issues with trying to play TWD season 1. I have purchased the pass multi pack of 14.99 a couple of months ago, had issues with the kindle where I had to clear everything, when I downloaded TWD again I was able to install episode 2. I saw the other episodes we're available to reinstall but decided to install later on. When I came back on to install, it was showing the "BUY" button. I thought ok maybe if I click on it, it will show I've already purchased it, but it didn't. So now I'm stuck and don't know what else to do. It's upsetting cause I've purchased the pack and they want me to repurchase, now that is not fair. Please help thank you in advance.
28 Comments
  • I have the exact same problem and haven't found a solution on this site yet. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall and lose all of my progress.
  • User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff
    I apologize for the inconvenience. As long as you are logged into the same account that you originally purchased the game with, you should be able to proceed through the purchase path again, and when you hit the 'Buy' button, it will alert you that you've already purchased this game, and allow you to download it again for free.
    • I have a kindle fire and also the walking dead season one and two and had the same problem with the season pass. I have purchased the season pass for season 1and downloaded the game again when season 2 came out and it said that I haven't bought the season pass or any of the episodes. What should I do?
      • User Avatar Image
        Please note that The Walking Dead: Season One Season Pass includes Episodes 1-5 of Season One. You will have to purchase the Season Pass for The Walking Dead: Season Two, or the episodes individually, if you wish to play those episodes.
  • I'm having trouble too. I had to reset my kindle fire HD 7 to factory settings and I downloaded the game again. I originally bought the season pass when I first downloaded it. Now I says to buy it again but when I do it says I already own it and doesn't give the option to download the episodes. It just keeps taking me around in circles.
    • User Avatar Image
      Can you please clarify if after proceeding through the purchase path, that the Episodes in the Episodes Menu change from 'Buy' to 'Get'? If they say 'Get' next to them, you should be able to tap on each episode to download them on your Kindle Fire HD.
  • I got it to download. What you have to do is open your browser and go to manage your kindle content and delete the game from your purchase history altogether. And also uninstall it from your device. Now go to Amazon.com again and bring up the game's product page and click the Get Now 1 Click option they have. It won't tell you that you already own it, it will say thank you and all that. Now go onto the app store and download it fresh from there. When you open it go right to the episodes list and it will say Get and not Buy. If you stray from the app while trying to download or close it to download later you will have to do this all over again so make sure you have good internet service. *You will NOT have to buy the season again.* if all goes well you should be playing in no time.
    • I have the same problem. I bought the Season Pass after finishing the free episode 1. It appeared to download but I still get the "Buy" message for all episodes after the first one. If I click on purchase again, it says I already own it. No option to redownload. If I uninstall the game, won't I lose my saved game from the completed first episode? Any way to get the rest of the season and keep the saved game?
      • User Avatar Image

Yes, unfortunately deleting and re-downloading the game application will delete your save game with Episode 1 in it. We have had reports from a few Kindle Fire users that deleting and re-downloading the game will resolve the Season Pass issue of seeing your purchased episodes as 'Buy' in the Episodes menu. I apologize for any difficulties this has caused you, and I hope that you are able to enjoy the game.

• I deleted and downloaded the application again and got the "GET" signs for the episodes instead of "BUY", so that's good. I would have done so more readily if I had known that I could skip straight to Episode 2 and not have to replay Ep 1. Maybe that's obvious to others. The game offered to "generate responses" for the decisions in the skipped episode. I'm not sure how that works or if it much matters to anything.

• User Avatar Image

I am glad you are now able to play! Generated episode choices/decisions means that all of your choices up to that point will be randomly generated for you from the earlier episode(s). Enjoy the game!

• So now I finished Episode 2 and am back to getting "BUY" for successive episodes. Am I going to have to go through a reinstall to play every episode of the game for which I purchased a so-called "Season Pass?" Needless to say, had I known this issue I never would have bought the whole game.

• User Avatar Image

If you have already recovered your game purchases, can you please clarify if Force Closing the application, and resetting your device, then opening the game application again, allows you to see the other episodes as 'Get'?

• Shutting down and restarting doesn't help. Episode 3 and up and the Season Pass option all say "BUY."

• User Avatar Image

If you have already purchased the Multi-Pack, you will have to proceed through the purchase path to purchase the Multi-Pack again, and when you hit Buy, you will be alerted that you already have purchased this item, and it will allow you to download the episodes for free. If you have purchased the episodes individually, please proceed through the purchase path for each individual episode, and you should get the same alert for each episode, and you can then download them for free.

• probably. it always shows. Internet Connection failed when I download the multi-pack.
  • zzz. I wish my money will be worth it for buying this multi pack.
  • All I had to do was delete the game from my kindle fire and reload it. Once I did that the games were on there and ready to download. No more "BUY" on the episodes. Hope this helps someone.
    • User Avatar Image

Thank you for the extra information, we have had a few reports that this has fixed this issue for people experiencing it. I apologize for any difficulties caused by this, and hope you are able to enjoy the game!

• I purchased the season pass after this last post and still get 'Internet connection failed' Please advise

• User Avatar Image

Please try closing the game application, and turn off your device for at least 5 minutes. This will clear the device's cache. Then turn the device back on, and reset the WiFi settings on the device, and start the game application again, then see if you are able to successfully download the episode(s).

This discussion has been closed.