Menu
User Avatar Image

What would happen?

posted by kawaiiclem on - Viewed by 2.6K users

What would happen if the group met Nate and he joined the group? How do you think he would be?

117 Comments
  • He would only help them with Tavia if he thought it was in his best interest.

• Nate would be just as disturbing an individual as he was when we saw him in 400 days.

If he somehow got into this group(highly doubtful), his behavior would instantly have him on Kenny, Luke and Nick's shit list. The girls would not be safe (Sarah would most likely end up getting raped because in her naive state of mind, she'd be he only one who likes him; well, up until the rape).

• Yeahhhh, I don't think he would be received all that well by the guys.

• I'm not sure whether Kenny and Nate would be best friends, or if Kenny wouldn't even hesitate to beat the shit out of Nate.

• He'd tell Clem, "Who's big red?"

He'd tell Kenny, "Who's Sacagawea?"

• Yeesh, why's everyone on this forum so thirsty for Nate? I'd give that guy a 3 at most.

Really, though, Nate's an obnoxious misogynist and would probably serve as nothing but a liability in every respect. He wouldn't last long. If Jane shot Troy's dick off, I can't imagine Nate getting away with his Johnson, either.

• Alt text

I love Nate, because i see A LOT of myself in this character. I have pretty much the same personality. Everyone has good parts and bad parts to them. Nate isn't a rapist. Seriously i laugh when i read this stuff, Why because he talked about a girls boobs? I do this, a lot of other guys do this too, should we all be on some sort of watch list?

Come on seriously. I think Nate would be a awesome member to the group. It would be so find it pretty interesting on how Nate would react with Clem. I think he would feel intimidated a bit at first, i know i would feel that way if i ran into a kid that i had to take care of. I think in the end he would do a good job, sure their would be drama but i think down deep he would do the right thing.

• Huh? Did you miss the "you wanna kill these folks and take all their stuff?" part? Or when he almost got Russel bitten in an effort to get an evaluation on the walker's good looks? Also the point is that all he wanted to hear about was the sexual side of things. That alone doesn't necessarily mean he'd sink to the level of rape but it does make him misogynistic. And combined with the aforementioned psychopathic tendencies, rape becomes more likely.

• Did you miss the "you wanna kill these folks and take all their stuff?" part?

The old people shot first, that is how things are in the Zombie Apocolpyse. Yeah i really didn't care anything about those old people. I didn't know them, they weren't my best friends. They were just strangers. She was dead/dying and he was a old racist asshole so i let Nate do whatever he want.

Or when he almost got Russel bitten in an effort to get an evaluation on the walker's good looks? Also the point is that all he wanted to hear about was the sexual side of things. That alone doesn't necessarily mean he'd sink to the level of rape but it does make him misogynistic

He was just playing with Russel. He may of taken it a little far, but that doesn't make him a misogynistic. I don't see how you can judge the character on maybe ten minutes of dialogue, and label him a rapist killer. I find it funny.

And combined with the aforementioned psychopathic tendencies, rape becomes more likely.

Nate is not the only character who has exhibited "psychopathic" tendencies, so in your rational Kenny would also be a rapist. I find it funny that everyone forgets all the horrible things Kenny has done, but they let him slide, but if Nate talks about some made up girls boobs, he is Hitler.

• You see nothing wrong with murdering strangers? They shot first because they apparently recognised Nate, plus they could've just not gone into the building after getting shot at. The old guy was just taking care of his wife wasn't he? He wasn't interested in spreading his hate speech, I don't see why murdering him was necessary. As for the old lady, her dying isn't a good defense to just murdering her instead of letting her pass in peace.

Endangering someone's life goes way beyond playing. It was misogynistic of him at the very least, even if he himself isn't a misogynist, though it reflects very poorly on him because of how sexist that dialogue was. The dialogue alone isn't what makes me label him a rapist killer, it's the fact that he's not only a pervert prone to saying sexist things but is also willing to murder people and endanger his supposed ally's life.

Once more, it's the combination of the dialogue and the psychopathic behaviour. Either one alone, I wouldn't say the possibility of him being a rapist is well-founded but the two traits together are worrying. Don't mistake me for an unwavering Kenny loyalist, I fully acknowledge that guy is definitely not all there. A brutal, spiteful murderer and a sadist. Hell I was expecting him to try to murder Luke after all the crazyass looks he was giving everyone in A House Divided. But he never said anything to objectify women, which is why I don't see him raping anybody.

• Unless he was the one who initially attacked them, resulting in his wife's mortal wound, as the old man claimed (and I see no reason for that old man to lie), Nate didn't murder the old lady (she was left to turn - as she was later made into one of the guard dogs for She'l group). Which is even worse, when you think about it.

I personally thought his comment about 'killing them and taking their stuff' was said in poor taste, as Russell -not a short while earlier - said that his former group leader said that very same thing, which caused Russell to abandon the group, as he wanted no part of that mind set.

• You see nothing wrong with murdering strangers? They shot first

I am very good at compartmentalization. No, i do not see anything wrong with it in the Zombie Apocalypse. She was dying, and he was a racist so yeah. They shot first, and if i was shot at in the Zombie Apocalypse, i would of just killed them and not talked to them as Nate did. Life is hard in the Zombie Apocalypse. I play Rust/DayZ to give you a idea of how i think.

They shot first because they apparently recognized Nate.

Nate said he didn't do it, and he doesn't strike me as a liar. The people who attacked before had masks, therefore they could be anyone. Guilty until proven otherwise...

I don't see why murdering him was necessary. As for the old lady, her dying isn't a good defense to just murdering her instead of letting her pass in peace.

It was necessary because he was a threat. What if someone else came by, he got confused again and started shooting at them, What if he kills someone? What if it was Clementine? Then you would be partly responsible because you could have stopped him. You just don't go out and shoot at someone, then expect hey its ok guys we friends. It doesn't work that way. The old lady was gut-shot, a bullet to the brain would of been mercy. Being shot in the belly is extremely painful.

Endangering someone's life goes way beyond playing. It was misogynistic of him at the very least, even if he himself isn't a misogynist, though it reflects very poorly on him because of how sexist that dialogue was

Guys will be guys. I know there will be some guy out there, that says* I NEVER talked about a girl's boobs ever in my life*! i have, many times and you know what, that doesn't make me a bad guy. I don't go around and put women down.

The dialogue alone isn't what makes me label him a rapist killer, it's the fact that he's not only a pervert prone to saying sexist things but is also willing to murder people and endanger his supposed ally's life.

I just can't connect the dots here. So if your a "pervert" and you kill old people who shot at you, that makes you a rapist killer? 0_o

But he never said anything to objectify women, which is why I don't see him raping anybody.

Anyone can be a rapist, regardless if they do talk about a girl's rack or do not.

• Well Nate should of just left them but I wouldn't call him a psycho. And pretty much everyone on Earth is a psycho, you and me and pretty much everyone. We cover things up and call them something else and make it sound like it's good but it's not good. We start wars over fucking gas and shit, we eat animals when we could easily live on non-living things like chocolate, beans, pizza, fruit, bread, noodles, etc. But we go the extra step. But back on topic, Nate should of just left them alone. I would love him to return, his personality is amazing. Would love to just get in his truck and ride into the sunset.

• He shot first because he recognised Nate, so he wouldn't have shot at someone else. As for the old lady, it was best for her to be put down painlessly yes but not by some psycho storming in and doing it... although he actually left her to turn, as someone in this thread pointed out, so that's moot.

Most women would consider it a put-down if all you wanted to know about them was what their boobs are like. That's the point here, Nate was interested solely in the sexual side of things, nothing else. That's objectifying.

I'm not saying he definitely is a rapist, I'm saying there's a distinct possibility because of the unsettling behaviour he has demonstrated that relates to lack of regard for others and objectification of women. Killing people does make you a killer, yes.

The difference being, it would be completely baseless to call Kenny a rapist, as absolutely nothing has indicated the possibility. There is some ground for the belief that Nate could potentially rape someone, as he has done crazy things and has acted perverted.

• He shot first because he recognized Nate, so he wouldn't have shot at someone else.

He said in the game, the people who attacked and shot his wife were wearing masks, so how can he recognize them? This is what happened, they pulled up to get gas or whatever, they were attacked because the old guy thought he was the same group who attacked them earlier.

Most women would consider it a put-down if all you wanted to know about them was what their boobs are like. That's the point here, Nate was interested solely in the sexual side of things

i think he was just trying to get Russel to open up, but Russel was being standoffish, during the whole car ride. He wouldn't even take a drink from the whisky bottle. So he decided to screw with him.

Killing people does make you a killer, yes. Nope it makes you a survivor in the Zombie Apocalypse. The old lady was done for, and the old guy was too dangerous to keep alive.

Nate could potentially rape someone, as he has done crazy things and has acted perverted.

Who doesn't do crazy things and act perverted sometimes. When i drink, sometimes i get crazy and might say things i might not say otherwise. I got my share of drinks spilled in my face, just like every other guy. It is part of the game, but that doesn't mean i'd go out and rape someone. I can proudly say i am not on any government lists.

• What 'horrible things' has Kenny done? the only thing that immediately comes to mind is not helping Lee save Shaun from walkers - and that's about it. Everything else he did that could be seen as psychotic, he had a more than reasonable excuse for.

• Gee really?? Season 1

• Not helping Lee in Episode 2, when he takes on one of the St. John Brothers, forget which one, but he just hides in the stall. Then runs off, Lee has to save his wife's life but where is Kenny? Oh yeah that is right, he is still mad you didn't help him smash Larry's head, so he treats you crap for the rest of the game.
            • Not helping Lee when the door falls on him at the drugstore unless you kiss his butt.
            • Leaving Shawn to die
            • Smashing Larry's head in
            • Stealing the food
            • Horrible to Ben
            • Letting Lee go off on his own to find Clementine unless you kiss his ass on every decision in the game.
            • Being a pain in the ass to deal with generally.

• Season 2.

• Removing Carvers head in front of Clementine, you would think he would stop and think. Gee should i be doing this in front of her. OH ITS OK i'm Kenny so i get a free pass.
              1. Yeah, I admit, that was kind of an asshole move.
              2. He just panicked. He should've saved Shawn, but I understand him.
              3. There was no way Larry could survive. CPR won't bring anyone to life without some special medical stuff.
              4. First af all, Stranger left an opened car with a lot of supplies in the forest. What the fuck he was thinking about? Secondly, when is starved and tired, won't you take it?
              5. Ben caused death of Kenny's family. Yes, he was to hard on him, but in the end he forgives him.
              6. Another asshole move.
              7. I don't understand that point.
              8. I don't appreciate Carver's murder. That was too much and I didn't stay to watch. But it is only Clementine's decision. He warned her.
            • I'll give you the door. As for the rest...

In regards to Shaun: he was a scared father. His priority was making sure his kid was removed from immediate danger.

In regards to Larry: They were locked in a meat locker with no immediate means of escape when Larry suffered a massive heart attack. The man was not breathing and had no pulse. Clinically, he was dead. Considering how quickly Ben's teacher turned after dying from massive blood loss, do you honestly think it would have been better if Kenny took the chance at having Larry come back as a 300lbs walker to feast upon them all? Kenny saved all their lives and bought them time to find an exit by taking care of Larry.

In regards to stealing supplies: there was no one around, and he was not the only one who felt the car was abandoned and felt they should take the supplies. If you're in a group and you're in need of supplies, are you honestly going to pass up what appears to be an abandoned car that is fully stocked with necessities in the off chance that whoever owns the car may return?

In regards to Ben: Ben was an irresponsible teenager who made stupid suggestions on more than a few occasions that put the rest of the groups lives at risk. And the only time he was cruel to Ben was after he learned of Ben's part in getting Duck and Katja killed. And after Ben verbally lashed out at him, Kenny toned down the criticism. And in a final act of mercy, put Ben out of his misery before the walkers could get him.

In regards to not helping Lee search for Clementine: regardless of what Kenny says or how he feels about Lee; he always comes along to help.

In regards to Carver: He did ask for people to wait outside while he dealt with Carver; but didn't argue with anyone who chose to stay and witness the death of a mad man. He allowed people to make up their own minds on what they wanted to do and respected whatever choice they made (including Clementine). How does showing he respects someone else's decision a bad thing?

• The whole point was Kenny didn't even try to save Larry's life. If it was Duck of Kat in that cellar, things would have been completely different. As soon as Larry fell down, he was as good as dead in Kenny's mind. He also didn't think how this would effect the group, obviously it made Lilly lose her mind. I can see why.

The car wasn't abandoned, the lights were still on,... It was obvious to me they left shortly, if Kenny was smart he would have said "let us just wait to see if these people come back." The average car battery would power the lights for four hours.

He was always cruel to Ben, even if you didn't notice. He wouldn't let Ben Help with the Train, the kid just wanted to feel useful. Kenny always had to be in control of everything, no wonder Ben always felt the way he did, because he was never given a chance to succeed/fail on his own merits, so he had no confidence. Plus it was stupid to blame Ben for his son's demise. It was his fault, he should have been watching after his wife/son, then to blame a kid for your own failure. Why didn't he go out and shoot a path of bandits walkers to save his family, instead of leaving it to Lee... Personally i would make sure my own were safe then i would think about starting the car.

Finally Carver. As a adult he should be trying to do what is in the best interest of Clementine, not respect her opinion because to be frank she is just a kid. She doesn't need to see that, and if i was there i would have picked her up kicking and screaming if i had to. Kenny lacks judgement, and is unreliable. Carlos i think it was him, labeled him pretty well. He does things without thinking and it always usually has bad results.

• If the man ain't breathing and has no pulse - he is dead. Lily was working on him and was getting no response. Any sane person who knows the situation they're facing and who wants to live is not going to take the chance at a dead man coming back. (and watch the scene again, would you? Kenny specifically states he doesn't want to do it, but what choice do they have and mentions what happened back at the hotel. After the deed is done, Kenny regrets the pain he caused and knows there are going to be consequences to his actions).

But, which is more important? Keeping Lilly happy or protecting them all?

And if Duck and Katja was in the locker with them, Kenny would have even more reason to take Larry out than he had without them being in there.

The lights were on, but there was no one in sight. Not everyone who abandons their vehicle suddenly shut off their lights.

Ben was young and inexperienced with pretty much everything. No grown adult is going to entrust a kid with something that could potentially be dangerous if you press the wrong button.

And yes, Ben was responsible for Duck's death. If he never made the deal with the bandits, Lilly would never had suspicions that one of their own were stealing supplies, Lee would never have found the last care package to the bandits and the bandits would never have attack the hotel in order to get them. The bandits attacking was what caused the walkers to get in and bite the kid.

Why didn't Kenny help his family and the others? Because in order to escape, they needed to get that RV running and he was the only one who could do that. If he didn't, they'd all be sitting ducks.

• Seriously, that guy is so hard up for some action that he attempted to pressure a teenaged boy into talking about an underaged girls breasts. In this new world where living people are scarce, what do you think he'd do if he came across a woman? Make nice with her just to be friends?

I find this rather doubtful.

• He was giving him a ride and asked for a little conversation. I don't see the harm, Russel is just a prude, so Nate decided to mess with him.

• Sometimes, you only need a few minutes to tell if there's something off about a character.

Look at the Saint Johns as a prime example of this. First time I saw them on screen, something seemed off about them (and the playthroughs I saw of this episode, none of the players took kindly to them upon first meeting; they all suspected that something wasn't quite right about them - their suspicions only getting worse the more time they spent with them). Then there was the guy on the walkie talkie - you didn't have to meet him before acknowledging that he was off his rocker. Carver, who when you first meet him, you have no idea what he's like (as everyone avoids talking about him), gives the vibe that he is a very dangerous person the moment you lay eyes on him.

It's all about the way the character is designed and how they speak. It's one of those uncanny valley moments where you know that there's something wrong with what you're seeing/hearing, but you can't place what it is, as what you're looking at/listening to seems normal.

• With all the shit that had been going on since the beginning of the end, there are no doubt countless things that people can talk about (where had they been, where are they going, what have they encountered, how did they survive so long, etc).

And even though that's how the conversation started, what did Nate focus on? The teenaged daughter, her rack, and if anyone slept with her. When Russell voices his disgust at his comments, Nate's response is (quoted from the game itself) 'Women? Ha! Okay, let me see if I can answer your question. Because...because the hunger a man has for a WOMAN is all we got left now. No laws, no jobs, ain't nothing to make us men. But they haven't eaten all the women yet'.

Then when Russell doesn't play ball - Nate deliberately places the boy's life in danger - just for fun.

Nope - can't understand why anyone would ever think that a man as good and free spirited as Nate could be seen as mentally deranged and a possible rapist.

• I think Nate would play it sly and like a jokester if there were a lot of people in the group should he show up. He'd let himself be let in with their numbers, make them think he's more or less trustworthy, crazy wild, but trustworthy. And then at any point the group got split up or their numbers declined...then I think there'd be trouble.

It all depends on the number of people in the group at the time, and if Nate's with anybody else. If for example he comes across Jane and Clementine on their own, then er, yeah they've got a problem o_o

Nate made it pretty clear for me what makes him tick, with a line he says to Russell:

"Women? Ha, okay. Let me see if I can answer your question. Because... because the hunger a man's got for a woman, is all we got left now. No laws, no jobs, ain't nothing that make us men. But they ain't eaten all the women yet."

Yeah, here's to hoping he gets shot in the dick like Troy, or maybe something more painful.

• No need for that, Nate wouldn't rape anyone. He is a charm coming out of his ass! He wouldn't need to, he is one of the smartest characters written so far in the series. He likes to mess with people, manipulate them, but he isn't a rapist. I don't want Nate anywhere near Jane to be honest, i don't like her, or trust her around the man anatomy. Troy was a dick, but he didn't deserve that. No one deserves that.

Add Comment