Menu
User Avatar Image

Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4 White Screen

posted by Rabbett on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

Hi, I posted this in the wrong section so hopefully I will get more assistance here.

There is a scene when you are walking through a forest (Dont want to spoil anything by being too specific) early in the game without the pregnant woman and at 3 separate times during this scene I get a white screen but the game is still running as I can hear the speech. I can't find anything relating to a white screen so I'm pretty frustrated. Thanks.

-On PC -Never had any issues with the game

36 Comments
  • Thread: Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4 White Screen

Hi, I posted this in the wrong section twice so hopefully I will get more assistance here.

There is a scene when you are walking through a forest (Dont want to spoil anything by being too specific) early in the game without the pregnant woman and at 3 separate times during this scene I get a white screen but the game is still running as I can hear the speech. I can't find anything relating to a white screen so I'm pretty frustrated. Thanks.

-On PC -Never had any issues with the game

• I have the same problem .In TWD and TWAU.

• User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

• User Avatar Image

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try switching the game to Windowed Mode using the Windows shortcut (Alt+Enter) and you should then be able to see the game screen. You can then try changing the game's resolution and/or graphics settings to a lower setting, then switch the game back to Full Screen mode, and you should not see this happen again. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this has caused you.

• Thank you! It works fine now.

• Same thing happens to me but a couple of minutes further into the episode. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and that's done nothing to help. (I'm also on PC and have never had issues previously)

Here's the support tool stuff for mine: https://www.sendspace.com/file/z0jw89

• same thing is happening to me in episode 5, here's the results from the support tool https://www.sendspace.com/file/krg4k7

• Same for me, in the same place. I don't have access to my home computer right now, so I'll post the log from the support tool later if it's necessary for you guys to fix it.

• User Avatar Image

For those of you experiencing the issue, can you please clarify if lowering the game's resolution and graphics settings to a lower setting, then clicking Apply, resolves your issue?

• I lowered all the settings I could, closed every program in the background of course, updated the drivers, and disabled the Steam overlay just in case. When I did, the game did advance a little more, just a couple minutes, but then the screen went white again. I guess there's something going on with the graphics in that scene that our graphic cards just can't manage.

I am talking about a low-end computer with integrated graphics here, so it's hardly surprising, but I was able to play the season until now and the full TWAU with no problems, and I would love to finish what I started, without having to wait until I can buy a new computer first :)

• i lowered my graphics setting and turned off anti-aliasing and I was able to continue on in the story. I didn't touch the resolution, however.

• Same thing is happening for me in episode 5. While I'm speaking with a certain character the screen goes white and I can hear all the dialogue but when I press ESC or try to Alt+Enter to exit full screen the whole client crashes. Other than that I've never had any issues with either Season 1 or 2 up until the final episode and it's killing me. Any idea on what else I can try?

• User Avatar Image

Can you please clarify if you have tried lowering the game's resolution and graphics settings to a lower setting, then clicking Apply, and see if you are able to continue the episode?

• I've lowered both the resolution and graphic settings before I get to the point where the screens goes white. I've tried keeping the resolution and graphic settings low and trying it again in windowed mode too. If I try anything after the screen goes blank the game just crashes.

Add Comment