• There completely different games it's not fair to compare the endings.

• Its not fair to compare the endings since they are different games with different tones and cater to a different genre. I feel both endings were strong.

• CW was about 1 hour and 30 minutes, right?

Something like that if you wait for the timer to almost run out on every dialogue choice, and you bring the Crooked Man back alive. I also saw a scene when Bigby was supposed to roam around the business one more time and talk with the magic mirror, but for some reason that scene didn't make it into the game.

there are about 5 endings and more important choices that actually change big parts of the episode

That is true. Still, let's not forget that, unlike TWD, Telltale has to follow a very strict cannon with the Fables comics( @Maximum124 explains it in his post above), thus making the process a little bit harder to achieve the result you want. However, both endings were extremely good for both series, even TWAU. That ending is exactly the way most neo-noir films end.

The only thing that I can say about Telltale putting more effort in TWD, rather than TWAU is the fact that TWD has been consistent in regards to length(90 minutes), while in TWAU case....the length of the episodes declined after episode two. Granted, the quality of the episode isn't determined by the length.

One more thing. I'm actually glad TWD can have five different endings. In my opinion it goes to show that Telltale are slowly making progress in perfecting their choice/consequence style of play. I don't know about you, but this leaves me very hopeful in regards to their new games. I'm actually gonna say it now: The day that Telltale actually manages to make their choices matter in the long run, and have diverging paths in their the day they take over the world.

• TWAU certainly had a "Happily ever after" ending with a bit of mystery to it.In TWDS2 almost everyone you meet dies or goes missing. Depends on what you like but you can't compare these games since they are set in different universes, only things they have in common is the gameplay and the unrealistic nature of their stories.

• TWD Ending > TWD S2 Ending > TWAU Ending

• S2 :( God damn I cant get over that part with Kenny!

• As many have already mentioned, The Wolf Among Us have to follow a strict narrative that canons with the comics. It restricts Telltale and give them few options regarding how to end the story.

But I still love both endings and TWAU's ending really was a good twist and it fits.

• i agree twds2 ending was WAY better than twau's ending. as much as i loved twau just twds2 ending had more emotion in it and made u wonder what if more than twau ending. like i said in the other forum and emotion rollercoster

• TT never really put 100% in any of the wolf's episodes except faith (yes 3 an 5 were quite good but they were short and felt rushed) and i liked how they played their cards with TWD s2, the season wasnt that good but the finale was superb.

Add Comment