Yeees, Alan said I will not get banned if I post this! Hehehe :p
Dear fans, my fingers have been running around on my piano and I composed something, well, for the fans!
However, I don't wanna sing it alone, this is a happy happy group song!
Whoever wants to join in, must follow these easy steps:
1. Have a video camera or a webcam or any type of device that lets you record yourself visually. (in the worst case scenario we'll put a picture of you in the tribute, or I'll draw you myself using crayons, but do try to find a camera please)
2. Have a decent microphone. (try not to record yourself singing using your mobile phone or using other not-so-good microphones... a webcam mic or a simple pc mic will do)
3. Do you know the song "A Whole New World" from Disney's Aladdin?
(in case you don't, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kl4hJ4j48s).
I need you to record yourself (only audio) singing the verse from 1:10 to 1:26. Basically, the refrain.
No background music, just your voice. Give it your best shot.
If you don't have an audio editing/recording program, try this one, it's free:
4. After recording your voice
IMPORTANT - Name your file based on your user name. If I would record a sample I would name it "SilverWolfPet - Sample.mp3" or wav or whatever format you prefer. This way I can work faster, thanks!
ahem, so... after recording your voice upload it somewhere online (e.g http://www.mediafire.com/).
5. Send me the link to your upload, through a PM. That's it!
This is not a contest,
every single one of you who will send me an audio clip will participate in the tribute...
I just need to know what lyrics I can give you to sing and that depends on how high can your voice go without distorting the sound.
Meh, technical stuff, just do your best, don't worry about it.
You must send you files until Tuesday.
There is no actual time limit, but it will be harder for me to plan this if you're late with the files :)
On Wednesday I will send everyone their text and a demo on how to sing their part and instructions regarding the next step.
With a little bit of luck, we'll have a tribute by friday.
Just to be clear, it doesn't matter if you're a guy or a girl, it's a community tribute :D
Now what are you waiting for? Go Go Go!!!