For those of you with the instant "Connection lost" error message after pressing "GET" i might have a simple workaround.
1. First, as usual, make a backup copy of:
Win7/Vista: %userprofile%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\
XP: %userprofile%\My Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\
(International users: Exchange "My Documents" for the translation into your language from here on)
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead/
2. Download and unzip the attached Empty_PatchFS.zip
3. Copy the contained WalkingDead101PatchFs.json and WalkingDead101PatchFs.updated.json into:
Win7/Vista: %userprofile%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\SyncFs\Meta
XP: %userprofile%\My Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\SyncFs\Meta
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead/SyncFs/Meta
and overwrite the files if they exist.
On Mac you have to write protect both files. On windows they already are.
4. Start the game and download episodes
5. Close the game
6. Delete WalkingDead101PatchFs.json and WalkingDead101PatchFs.updated.json from the Meta folder
7. Start the game and make sure the game still works as intended
This workaround temporarily disables the latest patches of the game, which broke the download for some people. That's why you have to undo it in the later steps, so you get updates again.