Menu
User Avatar Image

Episode 2 black screen

posted by sullyk on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

I bought the game off steam and finished episode one, but when i try to start episode 2 all i get is a black screen with the inventory slot of an axe on the side. I can move the mouse around and can hear sound but can't do anything.

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

You can navigate to the savegame folder by starting Finder, and selecting "Go/Go to Folder..." from the menu or pressing CMD-SHIFT-G, and pasting the path below into it.
    ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead/

• Ok, have done this and removing the prefs.prop file has stopped episode 2 from crashing to a black screen on launch.

However, it's also introduced a new problem - it now freezes and is entirely unplayable at the point where you have to cut the teachers leg off.

Not impressed with TTG here. Thanks for your time tho DjNDB

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@Kalian said:
    However, it's also introduced a new problem - it now freezes and is entirely unplayable at the point where you have to cut the teachers leg off.

I've seen some reports of the leg chopping freeze, but no real solution. Some have worked around it by not cutting it at all.
    One user was able to cut it, after he deleted the install files of Episode 2, and downloaded them again.
    That wasn't on the Steam version though.

I would start with verifying your game cache files.

If that doesn't work, try deleting the Episode 2 files and downloading them again.

• Honestly, all I want now is a refund, or a free xbox 360 DL version. I shouldn't have to do all this crap, nor should you.

• Question: If I downloaded this game from steam on Mac, can I download it on PC as well without paying any extra? Don't worry if you don't know!

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@Kalian said: Question: If I downloaded this game from steam on Mac, can I download it on PC as well without paying any extra? Don't worry if you don't know!

That should work.

• DL now. If it does, I think I'll laugh!

• Well, there we have it. My laptop (windows) is much less powerful than my iMac and is incapable of running the game at its lowest setting... Grrr!

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

You could run Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp.

• Yeah but then don't I have to buy a new copy of windows? It'd be cheaper just to buy TWD from xbox live, but I don't really want to give them more money for a glitchy game!

This discussion has been closed.