Menu
User Avatar Image

Login Error

posted by Lysha on - last edited - Viewed by 13.9K users

I just bought and downloaded The Wolf Among Us, and I can't get past the title screen. When I click on the "Click Anywhere to begin" screen, it just says "Login Error Can't communicate with Telltale Servers". It doesn't even ask me to login first. I have a good internet connection and The Walking Dead works just fine. Can anyone help?

54 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

That's most likely a problem with the Login data of different telltale games in the registry.

First, open a command window.
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter
    Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question:
    REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher"

Afterwards it should ask you to login the next time you start it.

• when i put my telltale id and my password correctly it always apears the login error. HELP ME

• User Avatar Image
      DjNDB Moderator

Please try logging in using your username and password. If that fails, try using your E-Mail Address and password. If that doesn't work please change your password on the settings page, and only use the characters from the set A-Z a-z 0-9 in the new password. Then try logging in with username and password again.

• Followed your advice. Still doesn´t work. I use Windows 8.1 (64bit). Could that be a reason?

• HI I also cannot log in. I've changed my password and it won't let me connect to the servers. what resolution is this game set to run in? I had to go down to 1280x720 for it to fit in the screen. heres my sendspace http://www.sendspace.com/file/krvex4

• User Avatar Image
      DjNDB Moderator

If nothing in this thread worked, please write an E-Mail to support@telltalegames.com. Include the E-Mail address you used for your TTG Account and full name so they can look up your account.

• exactly same issue here "login error cant communicate with telltale servers" btw i tried login with username and changed password. http://www.sendspace.com/file/f6cdy8

• Sam issue as the rest: I type in username and password, and get "login error can't communicate with telltale servers". I have tried changing my password.

• I seem to have the same issue with my game. I bought it yesterday, and thought it was my connection, but today gives me the same outcome. It wont let me log in, I've tried reinstalling, deleting files and repair, even tried deleting the launcher setting from the registry, nothing seems to work. I just can't log in... http://www.sendspace.com/file/2tn3h1

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Please read

Before everyone keeps posting, here's a summary of what to do:

If the game doesn't ask for your username and password, but shows a Login error, delete the login data from the registry as described above.

If you get the Login error after entering your account data, please change your password on the settings page, and only use the characters from the set A-Z a-z 0-9 in the new password. Then try logging in with username and password again.

If both didn't work, it might be an issue with your TTG Account. Please write an E-Mail to support@telltalegames.com. Include the E-Mail address you used for your TTG Account and full name so they can look up your account.

• I had the same problem; even after deleting the registry data it wouldn't accept my login. Then I discovered that it worked if I entered my actual username instead of my email address (I always use the email address to log in everywhere else, including the website and all previous games).

It's a very bad error message too -- what it displays is not even remotely related to the actual problem. ("Cannot connect to server" is an entirely different problem from "could connect to server but it didn't like your login info". Even worse when it does this without even asking for the info.)

I hope they fix this before the next game launches.

• Had same problem, Had to loginto website and assign a username, then delete registry entry, then login using username and password.

This discussion has been closed.