11 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Please post a screenshot of that for both computers and the respective support tool information.

Please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/jy8pQBpLHS4GibubjzFu0uDNUSmHf57z screenshot #1 is from AMD graphics card along the the support data the second screenshot was taken from the second computer but i am unable to access the tool because problems with the Ethernet cord on both computers i had steam check for corrupted data but it didn't find anything

• User Avatar Image
      DjNDB Moderator

Oh, that's extremely blurry. I'll embed the images, so other's know what this thread is about right away. I've seen blur in the game, but it looked properly in the form of Depth of field effects. Maybe that's what's failing here.

Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
      Dedicated Memory: 252 MB

The AMD card is rather old, and doesn't meet the minimum requirements in terms of graphics memory. That could also be problematic.

The graphics card info of the second computer would be really useful. You can also get it by running dxdiag from the start menu.

dxdiag
      Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
      Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
      Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "dxdiag" and hit enter

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
      It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it, and upload it to an instant filehoster and post the download link.

• http://pastebin.com/2fFNquW9 Ok here is the data for the second computer. I think it too doesn't have enough dedicated memory but I'm not sure

• Thank you very much for your help the nvidia chip computer is working much better but the AMD chip is much too old for help your assistance is much appreciated

• Not sure if it helps, but this issue does not seem to occur for The Wolf Among Us either.

Hopefully someone has some feedback on this issue before the next episode comes out!

• User Avatar Image
      TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

It may be an issue with the graphics card, as your dedicated memory is just under the recommended graphics requirements. (506mb compared to our recommended 512mb.) You may be able to resolve the issue by changing the resolution to a lower setting, or making sure your graphics card's drivers are updated to the latest version. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

• It has to be the few MB shortage I guess, no worries. The strange thing is that it actually gets worse when I lower the resolution. Normally I run it at 720p, I gave it a go at 1024x600 and it actually got worse, similar to the OP screenshots. Then I tried it at 1080p which gave the same results as my posted screenshots, so there must not be enough dedicated memory...bummer!

Thanks for your response Mike.

• just copy a d3dx9.dll from another game to the TWD2 folder. It's not perfect, but the blur is gone.

Add Comment