Menu
User Avatar Image

Walking dead S2 E2 xbox 360 is freezing when I press play in the main menu.

posted by clemasters on - Viewed by 2.9K users

I can't play Season 2 episode 2 of walking dead because it keeps freezing every time I push play in the start menu. I already contacted xbox about the matter and they say it has to be your gaming servers. Any answers to this problem? Thanks

14 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify what model Xbox you have, how big your hard drive is (GB), and if you were able to play Season 2 before? Also, have you started the game while connected to the internet to receive the Title Update you need in order to run the game successfully?

• I was able to play season 2 episode 1 fine. I also have been connected to the internet so I should have received the update. I believe it's a 4gb built in hard drive. I don't know what kind of xbox I have but I got it a year ago and its black. I also have a memory unit that I use with my xbox.

• i also want to add that I have the season pass for the walking dead so I downloaded the episode via xbox live.

• Same thing happened to me and TT said my season 2 save file was corrupted. After deleting the save file and replaying episode 1, episode 2 will now play. Well... Up until about 3/4 of the way through the episode, but now its freezing again.

• User Avatar Image

Can you please clarify how much space you have left on your hard drive of your Xbox 360?

• Just giving an update in case it helps out the OP.

I have a little over 51 Gb free. I was able to work around the crash towards the end of the episode my copying my save data from my hard drive to the cloud. It just seems to be a bit too much for the Xbox to run the game and autosave on the hard drive at the same time. Much less lagging and crashing when the save data is on the cloud.

• Thank you mbritta I will try out your suggestions and see if they help. I have 3.1 gb left on my hard drive. Is that enough space for the game to run properly?

• I have deleted the the ep 2 download and installed it again. I have deleted all of my save files and played ep 1 over again. I have made even more room on my hard drive and I also have a usb port that has 3.5 gb of space left on it. I tried playing episode 2 and it got a little bit closer to starting but now it freezes when I click on episode 2 to play it. I am getting pretty annoyed and was wondering if there are any other ways to fix this problem?

• User Avatar Image

Can you please clarify if you are playing off of an internal hard drive, or a USB Flash Drive? You may be experiencing these issues if you are running the game on a USB Flash Drive, as the game constantly communicates with the game's files for data, and the flash drive's speed may not be fast enough to keep up with the game's requests for data.

• I have this exact problem. The Walking Dead season one, episode 1 and 2 of The Wolf Among Us and the first episode of The Walking Dead season 2 have all worked fine. I am using an external usb hard drive with it's own power supply so not a regular usb flash drive. The drive has plenty of free space. When I try to start the Walking Dead season 2 now I go directly to a black screen and the xbox becomes unresponsive and I have to turn it off on the console.

• User Avatar Image

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify what kind of external hard drive you are using? It may not have a fast enough read speed to keep up with the game's requests for data. We recommend installing an internal hard drive on your Xbox to ensure the most powerful connection.

This discussion has been closed.