Menu
User Avatar Image

Blank Screen (Support log included)

posted by Neon37 on - Viewed by 523 users

Hi all I'm trying to play TWD S2 Ep2 but when I launch it from steam (windows 7) all I get is a blank screen and music. The only thing that's changed with my system since I lasted played was I changed Tv's. Tried using different resolutions but got the same result. Thinking I may need to change or reset the video setting on the game. Used the support tool to create a log (http://www.sendspace.com/file/bdbzlf), per a post from another user. Thanks for the help.

Computer: AMD Athlon II X4 640, 8gigs ram, Nvidia GTS 450 TV: Insignia N8-50p650a11

5 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse)

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

1. Nvidia Driver is 335.23 most current
      2. Restarted (no help)
      3. Removed game pad (no help)
      4. Had steam verify cache (no help)
      5. Ran game as admin (no help)
      6. Ran game in comp 98/me (no help, got error sorry this account is not authorized to access this game)
      7. Reinstalled (no help)
      8. checked Steam not in comp mode.

Is there anything else we can try? Thanks again

• User Avatar Image
        TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

If you did change displays/monitors, it may be a resolution/graphical issue. Please try starting the game again, and change the game to Windowed Mode using the Windows Shortcut (Alt+Enter). You should now be able to see the screen. If you wish to play in Full Screen mode, I recommend changing the resolution to one supported by your new display, and then changing it back to Full Screen mode either from the Audio/Video options menu, or by using the same Windows Shortcut (Alt+Enter).

This discussion has been closed.