Menu
6 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

Please make sure you are connected to the internet when starting The Walking Dead: Season Two, to make sure that you have received any and all of the patches and updates necessary to run the game successfully. Please also make sure that your The Walking Dead: Season Two game is set to 'Always keep this game up to date'. To do this, please right click on the game from within your Steam Library and go to Properties. Once in the Properties window, navigate to the Updates tab, and under the Automatic Updates section make sure that the drop down bar is set to Always keep this game up to date.

After you set the game to always update, please close down the Steam Client completely. (Please also make sure to close it if it is still open in the hidden icons in the bottom right of the screen when you click the upward facing arrow. If it is, please right click the Steam icon and click Exit.)

Once Steam is closed, please reopen it, and you should receive any of the necessary updates for The Walking Dead to work.

If you are still experiencing this issue, can you please clarify if you have Steam Cloud saving enabled? If so, we do not recommend using Steam Cloud saving, as if Steam ever goes offline, your game will not save successfully, and you may lose save data as you have indicated. (To disable Steam Cloud saves, please right click on the game from within your Steam Library, and click Properties. Then in the Properties window click the Updates tab, and under the Steam Cloud section please uncheck Enable Steam Cloud synchronization.)

• I have done all the things you said prior to posting, but I did it again just to recheck everything. I still have the same problem.

Any other ideas?

• User Avatar Image

Can you please clarify if you had Steam Cloud syncing enabled within Steam as stated above?

• originally I did as this was the default. however season 2 didn't even have that option in the settings. only the first season does. I tried turning it off, but that didn't do anything as well.

• User Avatar Image

Sometimes the Steam Client can go down, and change you to Offline Mode. If this ever happened during your playthrough of The Walking Dead, your stats may not show up properly. My suggestion would be to then replay the episode, and make sure your Steam Client is not in Offline Mode when completing the Episode, and your choices should then appear successfully.

• Hi, I'm having the exact same problem on the playstation 3 version and no matter what I try I can never see my choices at the end of episode 3. Please help. I'm in the uk.

This discussion has been closed.