Menu
User Avatar Image

Trying Everything - Walking Dead S1 & S2

posted by Rashnu on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

Ok, after so many tries and failures in the past month or so, I found this. First a little reminder of what's going on. I already had Walking Dead season 1 played through. Season 2 came out and I bought the entire season. Played episode 1 just fine (choices from season 1 and 400 days carried over I assume). I get the email saying episode 2 of season 2 was available. Go into the game and it still says coming soon. I do everything that was told of me and nothing worked it still said coming soon. I walked away from it for a few weeks and today uninstalled everything again. (saving my saved games to a folder on the desktop then allowing it to uninstall everything including saves.) I figured if I had to play season 1 over again then so be it. I install season 1 again and decided to try and bring it up. I can't bring it up. The exe crashes immediately, over and over each time I try. So I found the TWD support tool and ran through the steps. Here is the link the thread told me to post. http://www.sendspace.com/file/cu81za Please help. What am I supposed to do now? I have payed for both games and can't even play the first now.

2 Comments
  • Sooo, nothing? Not even a we're working on it?

• User Avatar Image
      TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

I also noticed that you do not have any save files in the proper save directory. (C: \Users\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead)

You may need to reinstall the game, and make sure that you have your save files and prefs.prop file in the proper folder.

This discussion has been closed.