Menu
User Avatar Image

Walking dead does not play second chapter.

posted by rschacht on - Viewed by 13.3K users

I am playing walking dead. I played it though once and wanted to try again. When I get to the second chapter all I get is a blank screen. I uploaded a file to SendSpace.

I ran TWD_PC_Support_Toll.exe and upload the result to:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2tjldg

I hope this is the correct place to upload it.

59 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

• User Avatar Image

After looking over your Support Tool information, it seems that your computer is running below the minimum system requirements to run the game successfully. Where we require a minimum of 512mb of dedicated memory, your computer is currently running at 256mb of dedicated memory. Your computer uses an integrated Intel graphics card, which we do not recommend using for our game, as they tend to run under minimum specs. I recommend either trying to update your current graphics card's drivers to the latest version, and see if you are able to play, or try playing the game on a computer above minimum system requirements if you have the ability to.

If you are able to start the game, you can also try changing the game's resolution and graphics settings to a lower setting, and then continue the episode, and see if your issue is resolved.

• It says Permission Denied in Terminal. We went to System Preferences and allowed for us to get files from anywhere, but that didn't work either.

• User Avatar Image

You will need to disable Gatekeeper - To do this, click the Apple logo on the top toolbar and select System Preferences. Now select Security. If the padlock in the bottom left corner of this screen is not open, click on it. You will now see 3 options for downloaded applications, they are: Mac Store, Mac Store and identified developers, and Anywhere. Please select 'Anywhere' and then confirm your selection. Once this is done, please attempt to download the game from our website. You should no longer see the 'Permission Denied' messaging.

• Gonna assume (pray) this thread is still monitored, I got the same problem as the guy above with the game starting chapter 2 with a black screen, axe in my inventory and music. I tried the fix of changing the prefs.prop to prefs.prop.bak but it just succeeded in wiping my data (hooray). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still didn't work.

• I'm having the same issue as well. When I start the second chapter, I get a black screen, I can move my cursor, and the axe icon on the left side of the screen. I tried renaming the prefs.prop file to prefs.prop.bak but that didn't work. Here is my file from the TWD Support Tool: https://www.sendspace.com/file/df96gd

Hopefully, you all can help fix this!

• User Avatar Image

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please rename the prefs.prop file in

C:\Users\Mark\Desktop

to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, and your save files should be restored.

• Nope, still goes to the same screen. I had moved that file out of the SteamApps folder when it was created after renaming the other prefs.prop to prefs.prop.bak. Here is the new Support Tool File:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ji5agr

• User Avatar Image

My apologies. Please try moving the prefs.prop.bak file from

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default

to the directory where the other prefs.prop files are, and rename it to prefs.prop. (Make sure to rename the other ones to prefs.prop.bak, and move them to a folder on your desktop. Then restart the game and see if that is the correct prefs.prop file associated with your saves.

• Hello. I purchased EPs 2-5 to play on Nexus 7. Ep 2 is installed but doesn't work at all. Disappointing.

• User Avatar Image

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify what you mean by doesn't work? Does the episode show up as 'Installed'? Can you start the episode, or does the game application crash? Can you start the Episode, but it is lagging and/or hitching?

• So I completed Season 2 episode 2 of the Walking Dead, but when I try to download the third episode, it says "Unable to find internet. Please connect your PC to internet" The thing is, I have perfect internet and I'm on Mac, not a PC.

• User Avatar Image

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and then try to download and install the episode again. If you are still experiencing this issue, please also try disabling any anti-virus or internet firewall programs that you may have open and running that may be blocking the game from successfully communicating with our servers. After completing these steps, please start the game while connecte to the internet, and you should receive the latest patches that will allow you to download/install Episode 3.

• We re installed it, we took down the firewalls and it still didn't work. What should I try now? :(

• User Avatar Image

My apologies. Please try deleting your SyncFs folder from your

~Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead Season Two/ file directory,

and then restart the game, and you should receive any of the necessary updates to make Episode 3 available to download.

• I too have the problem that the second episode wont start, here is the link https://www.sendspace.com/file/91dhb1

• User Avatar Image

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you are seeing a black screen, or if the game is crashing when you attempt to start the second Episode?

• I'm seeing a black screen and the game does not react anymore so i have to close it. I've tried it a few times now

• User Avatar Image

I apologize for the inconvenience. Here are a few more possible solutions:

1) Restart your computer

2) Play the game with your computer disconnected from the internet

3) If your Mac has multiple graphics cards, go to your system preference and click on ‘energy saver’. Uncheck ‘Automatic Graphics Switching’ and this will make sure your Mac is using your more powerful graphics card.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Try playing the game with no other programs running in the background

6) Reinstall the game

• We couldn't find "SyncFs" folder. What should we do?

• User Avatar Image

If you are on a Mac, your Library folder is sometimes hidden, to make it visible, please open a Finder window, and at the top of the screen, click Go and hold down the Option key. The Library will now become available in the drop down menu. Click that and follow the above file path, and delete the SyncFs folder, then restart the game, and you should receive the update to be able to download the episode successfully.

• I got the walking dead season two for Christmas and yesterday I decided to play it, I made it through episode one. Then I try to play episode two and I can't It goes to the loading screen then freezes and I have to turn off my Xbox. So, I'm no too sure what to do

This discussion has been closed.