User Avatar Image

It won't load

posted by faith_elizabeth on - last edited - Viewed by 397 users

The problem started when I was playing the very end of the walking dead season 2 episode 1. Then my cousin accidentally unplugged my computer (I have an iMac). So I plugged it back in and tried to play it again. I pressed play and when I did, i just stayed on the background of the water and the water was moving and the sound was going, but i wouldn't get off of that screen. I tried to re-dowload it and it didn't work, i tried deleting it and re-install it. But it wouldn't work, so I just gave up.

Then episode 2 came out and I tried downloading it, and it did download. So I tried playing it and it said "Updating Content", so I thought it would work now, but it didn't. I left my computer on all night for it to update the content. When I woke up it still said the same thing. Ive tried everything, PLEASE HELP ME!!

• I got my game from the telltale website BTW.

• User Avatar Image
      TelltaleMike Telltale Staff

I apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. If your computer was shut down during an autosave, your save game may have become corrupted. You may need to delete that particular save slot, and replay the second season. If you are experiencing issues with downloading the game, please try restarting your computer and/or resetting your internet connection. Please also make sure that you do not have any anti-virus or internet firewall programs running that may be blocking the game from successfully communicating with our servers.

• I just tried going to the save lot and it got stuck on that screen. How do delete a save lot

• User Avatar Image

You should be able to delete the save slot by clicking on 'Save Files' from the main menu, and then selecting which save slot you wish to delete, and clicking the 'Delete' button at the bottom of the screen, then clicking 'OK' when it asks you if you are sure you want to delete the save slot.

• It keeps on getting stuck on the save slot screen.

• User Avatar Image

I apologize, you may need to manually delete the save files from the games file directory. If you are playing on a Mac some of the game's files may be hidden from plain view. Please open ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead. Your Library folder is sometimes hidden, to make it visible, please open a Finder window, and at the top of the screen, click Go and hold down the Option key. The Library will now become available in the drop down menu. Click that and follow the above file path, and delete the prefs.prop file, and the .save files from that folder to delete the save files from your game manually. Then start the game again, and attempt to play the Episodes.

This discussion has been closed.