User Avatar Image

Error 101.exe

posted by Superhanik on - Viewed by 12.8K users

I know everybody complaining about it and I should just keep trying fixs but I'm no good with computers and I've tried quite a lot of fixes already but they didn't work so can someone explain it in simple terms to me? please (I bought the game on steam)

204 Comments
  • Hey got this game with the Spring (Or Autumn, wherever you live) Sale and I've been having these issues. I did all that and got this http://www.sendspace.com/file/wyzwz5 I've edited the registry and made sure it isn't running in compatibility mode.

Thanks in advance for your help

• User Avatar Image
      DjNDB Moderator

Problem signature:
      P1: WalkingDead101.exe
      P7: c0000374
      P8: 000ce753

Although you already checked, according to your crash data steam seems to be in compatibility mode. Please check again using the instructions below.

Also make sure that game uses the NVIDIA GeForce 610M by checking the settings in the nvidia control panel.

Please check the properties of the Steam.exe, your Steam icons, and the games .exe files, and disable any compatibility mode settings.
      Sometimes compatibility mode is checked, but is grayed out. Then you have to click on "Change settings for all users" at the bottom to disable the checkbox.
      Afterwards try if the game works.

If you made absolutely sure, that the method mentioned above didn't work to disable it, you can try disabling it in the registry. Then restart the computer and try running the game again.

• Please help!! Got Walking Dead yesterday but still getting crash upon start up.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y0mu3z

I have tried: -Turning off and on compatibility. -Running as administrator. -Putting the dinput8.dll file in the directory. -Reinstalling/restarting. -Checking steam isn't in compatibility mode.

Thanks!

• User Avatar Image
        DjNDB Moderator

P2: 2013.4.4.20609
        P7: c0000005
        P8: 0017a4c0

I am not sure what causes this crash, so you can only try some general things that helped with similar issues. It would be great If you could keep track of what you change each time before you try running the game, so if it works we know the cause.

Please disable steam cloud for TWD (In Steam, right click TWD and select "properties". Open the tab "updates" and remove the checkbox from "Enable Steam cloud synchronization for TWD).

Then delete the savegame folder
        %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

And delete the prefs.prop from
        C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default

Then try if the game works.

If ti doesn't, verify the game cache files and try running the game again.

In some cases verifying was not enough, but uninstalling and reinstalling the game helped.

You can also try unplugging all non-essential USB devices.

Further you are running a beta graphics driver. Please try installing the latest stable driver.

• Hello. I cannot get this game to run either and I've tried a lot of suggested fixes. I decided to do the data thing and have uploaded the zip file here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/cc05lg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• User Avatar Image
      DjNDB Moderator

Card name: NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M
      Dedicated Memory: 241 MB

Your graphics chip doesn't have enough memory, which could be a problem.

You do have a bunch of savegames though.

Did the game work on this computer before?
      If so, where does it crash?

Also to prevent future problems, please rename the prefs.prop in
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\WalkingDead103
      to prefs.prop.bak to deactivate it.

• Hi, thanks for the reply.

I got the game to work once when I turned off the internet and played it offline. The problem with that though is that Steam achievements and saves never show up.

The game crashes in two ways: 1st. (The crash report I uploaded) I'll start the game and it loads up just fine, start new game and then once I hit play for Episode 1 it goes into a loading screen and then crashes.

2nd. I'll get to the episode screen, turn off my internet, hit play for Episode 1, when it's done loading Episode 1 I'll pause the game and turn on my internet. It'll play fine until the officer dude mentions that Lee's wife may have been the wrong wife. Once Lee responds it crashes.

If I rename the prefs.prop and it still crashes, should I upload another report?

• User Avatar Image
          DjNDB Moderator

Renaming the prefs.prop is not about the crashes. Having it there could cause savegame issues if you play episode 3.

I am not sure what's happening there. I suggest you first verify the game cache files.

Does the game still work if you play offline or does it also crash at some point?
          Do I understand correctly, that the savegames don't work if you play offline, or is this resolved with the prefs.prop renaming?

Please also check if the game crash creates an entry in the event viewer in the "Windows Logs/Application" section.
          If so, right click the entry, select "copy the details as text", and paste it in a new reply.

• All files successfully verified.

Game still works if offline with no crashes. But no steam achievements and no the saved games that are played offline do not show up unless offline. So if I start the game online, the games that I played while offline do not show up.

There were two entries:

One. Level: Error / Source: Application Error

Faulting application name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2013.4.4.20609, time stamp: 0x515df55b Faulting module name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2013.4.4.20609, time stamp: 0x515df55b Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0017a2c0 Faulting process id: 0x24e0 Faulting application start time: 0x01cef8f3f2b1827f Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe Report Id: 4ba4ef46-64e7-11e3-ad88-001a4b7c0276

Two. Level: Information / Source: Windows Error Reporting

Fault bucket 3647724255, type 1 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0

Problem signature: P1: WalkingDead101.exe P2: 2013.4.4.20609 P3: 515df55b P4: WalkingDead101.exe P5: 2013.4.4.20609 P6: 515df55b P7: c0000005 P8: 0017a2c0 P9: P10:

Attached files: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8A3.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_WalkingDead101.e_7c21eb363dc428c0f66438e1eafb7f56af571a_fc5630ad

Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 4ba4ef46-64e7-11e3-ad88-001a4b7c0276 Report Status: 0

• User Avatar Image
              DjNDB Moderator

Please disable steam cloud for TWD (In Steam, right click TWD and select "properties". Open the tab "updates" and remove the checkbox from "Enable Steam cloud synchronization for TWD).
              Maybe that helps with the savegames not showing up while online.

Also did you already make sure that steam and the game are not running in compatibility mode, as described above?

If that's not the case, it might be some variation of a different rare issue. A few people had crashes right after the "click to continue" screen, unless they were offline. I did a lot of debugging and it turned out the only thing that fixed it for some users was a BIOS update.

• Thank you for your continuing analysis and help with this issue.

The un-checking of cloud sync didn't do anything with the saves from what I could tell.

Steam is not running in compatibility mode and the game isn't either, but the game does have the administrator shield on the icon even though the game doesn't have the run as administrator checked. Is that a problem?

BIOS update didn't resolve the issue either. Since I can play in offline though, will the 400 DLC and next season be able to correspond with my game that I play offline? Also, is there any way I can have my offline game update to steam once online, such as saves, achievements, and time played the game? Since none of these things currently update at all from offline play.

• User Avatar Image
                  DjNDB Moderator

Your offline/online savegame issue is entirely new to me and I can't imagine what would cause that, so I can't make any predictions on what might work or not.
                  Normally the game doesn't care whether it is online or offline, the savegames are always the same.

As far as I know there is no way of getting achievements or playtime into steam after playing offline.

Running as administrator should not cause problems, but exceptions are always possible.
                  Do you get the User Account Control Prompt when you start the game?

I don't have any reasonable ideas left. There's are a few desperate moves you can try though:

• Setting all the games graphics options to the lowest setting/off.
                  • Creating another windows user account (with administrator privileges) and starting the game there
                  • Completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

In this situation it's probably also best if you make a backup copy of your savegame folder
                  %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead every now and then.

If the game works in the new windows account you can also try copying the old savegame folder to the new user to see if it still works.

• Hi. I am receiving the "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error. Please help!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0448t6

All compatibility boxes are unchecked.

• User Avatar Image
      DjNDB Moderator

Problem signature: P1: WalkingDead101.exe P2: 2013.4.4.20609
      P3: 515df55b
      P4: fmodex.dll
      P5: 0.4.38.4
      P6: 4ee56056
      P8: 000bdbfc

Your crashes are sound related. Please install the latest sound driver for windows 8.1. While you are at it, I would also update the graphics drivers. It's probably easiest if you use Lenovo's update tool.

If it still crashes after updating everything, please run the support tool again.

• Hi. I am receiving the "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error. I already unchecked the compatibility boxes. Please help!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d5e2bx

• Hi! im having a similar problem, also with steam but my game keeps crashing during the dialogue in episode 4 when they are down by the river talking to that woman, it crashes every time she talks about how shes been all over the city looking for stuff.

Im having so much fun with the game but knowing me if i have to go trough that dialogue many more times now it will probably get uninstalled and never played again :/

Please help!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6uw5cc <--- twd support thinge

Log Name: Application Source: Application Hang Date: 20.12.2013 23:40:48 Event ID: 1002 Task Category: (101) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Kim-PC Description: The program WalkingDead101.exe version 2013.4.4.20609 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel. Process ID: 1150 Start Time: 01cefdd35135f88b Termination Time: 51 Application Path: d:\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe Report Id:

Event Xml: 100221010x800000000000002676ApplicationKim-PCWalkingDead101.exe2013.4.4.20609115001cefdd35135f88b51d:\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000

Dont know if this is the same as above but here it comes anyway :)

Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 20.12.2013 23:40:48 Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Kim-PC Description: Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: AppHangB1 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0

Problem signature: P1: WalkingDead101.exe P2: 2013.4.4.20609 P3: 515df55b P4: b5d2 P5: 2048 P6: P7: P8: P9: P10:

Attached files: C:\Users\Kim\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7B55.tmp.appcompat.txt

These files may be available here: C:\Users\Kim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Critical_WalkingDead101.e_a2ad3ade33d38fa5f7cf87049a1ae2393d79c0_12c68100

Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: c4224f89-69c7-11e3-9b48-f46d04b01814 Report Status: 0 Event Xml: 1001400x800000000000002675ApplicationKim-PC0AppHangB1Not available0WalkingDead101.exe2013.4.4.20609515df55bb5d22048 C:\Users\Kim\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7B55.tmp.appcompat.txtC:\Users\Kim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Critical_WalkingDead101.e_a2ad3ade33d38fa5f7cf87049a1ae2393d79c0_12c681000c4224f89-69c7-11e3-9b48-f46d04b018140

• User Avatar Image
      DjNDB Moderator

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
      Name: AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M
      Problem signature:
      P2: 2013.4.4.20609
      P3: 515df55b
      P4: igdumdim32.dll
      P5: 10.18.10.3345
      P6: 526edd5e
      P8: 0002da35

You have two graphics chips. Intel chips don't work well with TTG's games. Please check your graphics driver's settings to make sure the game uses the AMD chip.

• According to Catalyst's switchable graphics application monitor Walkingdead101.exe runs on the High Performance gpu. Pic: http://imgur.com/u8xJgH9

I should add that I didn't have these problems just after I bought it. But then I took a break for a month or so and meanwhile updated to Win 8.1 (64bit), so I'm suspecting that something occurred there. I've updated the drivers for the intel chip, but I can't promise that I've done the same with the AMD chip since I'm not sure if the latest update was released prior to me updating to win 8.1 or not.

• User Avatar Image
          DjNDB Moderator

Installing the latest AMD driver for Windows 8.1 is definitely something you should do.

Since the game crashes in the Intel driver though, it definitely uses it at some point. Maybe it uses them at the start and then crashes while trying to switch.
          You can look if there's a global setting that makes sure the AMD graphics are used all the time.

• Hi! I'm having the same problem. Of the many ways to make it work, the only one actually useful has been changing the Compatibility Mode of TheWalkingDead101.exe to "Windows 98/ME", which, unfortunately, makes the game run poorly, with several stuttering moments in both video and audio. How could I fix this? I ran the TWD Support Tool, and these are the results: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pe0dnt

I thank you in advance for any help given.

• User Avatar Image
      DjNDB Moderator

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)

First please install all windows updates.

Then check the properties of the Steam.exe, and the games .exe files, and disable any compatibility mode settings.
      Sometimes compatibility mode is checked, but is grayed out. Then you have to click on "Change settings for all users" at the bottom to disable the checkbox.
      Afterwards try if the game works.

If the method mentioned above didn't work, you can try disabling it in the registry. Then restart the computer and try running the game again.

Should it still crash without any compatibility mode, please open the Steam client. In the menu select "help/system information".
      Right click on the information it shows and select "select all".
      Right click again and select "copy".
      Finally paste the results into a reply message in this thread by pressing CTRL-V.
      It contains a section "Installed software", which might have sensitive entries, so feel free to redact them.

• Hi, DjNDB! Thanks a lot for your help. What I did: 1) Updated everything I could update with Windows Update; -> No improvements

2) Checked the properties of both Steam.exe and WalkingDead101.exe, non compatibility settings there; -> No Improvements

3) Tried editing the registry: I had no Steam entry at those address, so I didn't edit anything;

So I copied my system informations. Here you go:

Processor Information: Vendor: GenuineIntel CPU Family: 0x6 CPU Model: 0x3c CPU Stepping: 0x3 CPU Type: 0x0 Speed: 3200 Mhz 4 logical processors 4 physical processors HyperThreading: Unsupported FCMOV: Supported SSE2: Supported SSE3: Supported SSSE3: Supported SSE4a: Unsupported SSE41: Supported SSE42: Supported

Network Information: Network Speed:

Operating System Version: Windows 7 (64 bit) NTFS: Supported Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card: Driver: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

DirectX Driver Name: aticfx32.dll Driver Version: 12.104.0.0 DirectX Driver Version: 8.17.10.1191 Driver Date: 28 Mar 2013 OpenGL Version: 4.2 Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz DirectX Card: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series VendorID: 0x1002 DeviceID: 0x6819 Number of Monitors: 1 Number of Logical Video Cards: 1 No SLI or Crossfire Detected Primary Display Resolution: 1600 x 900 Desktop Resolution: 1600 x 900 Primary Display Size: 22.20" x 12.52" (25.47" diag) 56.4cm x 31.8cm (64.7cm diag) Primary Bus Type Not Detected Primary VRAM: -2048 MB Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Sound card: Audio device: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti

Memory: RAM: 4026 Mb

Miscellaneous: UI Language: English Microphone: Not set Media Type: DVD Total Hard Disk Space Available: 427244 Mb Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 161469 Mb OS Install Date: gen 01 1970 Game Controller: None detected

Installed software: 7-Zip 9.20 (x64 edition) A-Tuning v1.0.42 Ableton Live 8 Adobe Reader XI (11.0.05) - Italiano AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding AMD Catalyst Install Manager AMD Drag and Drop Transcoding AMD Media Foundation Decoders Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update Arma 2 Arma 2: DayZ Mod Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta ASIO4ALL Asmedia ASM106x SATA Host Controller Driver ASRock App Charger v1.0.5 ASRock HDMI Switch v1.0.12 ASRock SmartConnect v1.0.6 ASRock XFast RAM v2.0.28 avast! Free Antivirus Battle.net BattlEye for OA Uninstall Bleep VSTi Bonjour Borderlands 2 Bundled software uninstaller Catalyst Control Center Catalyst Control Center - Branding Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Common Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy Catalyst Control Center Localization All CCC Help Chinese Standard CCC Help Chinese Traditional CCC Help Czech CCC Help Danish CCC Help Dutch CCC Help English CCC Help Finnish CCC Help French CCC Help German CCC Help Greek CCC Help Hungarian CCC Help Italian CCC Help Japanese CCC Help Korean CCC Help Norwegian CCC Help Polish CCC Help Portuguese CCC Help Russian CCC Help Spanish CCC Help Swedish CCC Help Thai CCC Help Turkish ccc-utility64 CCleaner Counter-Strike: Global Offensive DAEMON Tools Lite daHornet Version 1.34 DayZ DayZ Commander Deadlight Definition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2760587) 64-Bit Edition EPSON XP-600 Series Printer Uninstall Garry's Mod GIMP 2.8.6 Google Chrome Google Update Helper Guitar Pro 6 Hearthstone iCloud Ignite Intel® Trusted Connect Service Client Intel(R) Manageability Engine Firmware Recovery Agent Intel(R) Management Engine Components Intel(R) Network Connections 18.2.63.0 Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Intel(R) Smart Connect Technology 4.1 x64 Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver iTunes Java 7 Update 40 Left 4 Dead 2 M-Audio Oxygen Driver 1.3.0 (x64) MediaMonkey 4.0 Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended Microsoft Access MUI (Italian) 2013 Microsoft DCF MUI (Italian) 2013 Microsoft Excel MUI (Italian) 2013 Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace Microsoft Groove MUI (Italian) 2013 Microsoft InfoPath MUI (Italian) 2013 Microsoft Lync MUI (Italian) 2013 Microsoft Office 32-bit Components 2013 Microsoft Office Korrekturhilfen 2013 - Deutsch Microsoft Office OSM MUI (Italian) 2013 Microsoft Office OSM UX MUI (Italian) 2013 Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 Microsoft Office Proofing (Italian) 2013 Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2013 - English Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2013 - Italiano Microsoft Office Shared 32-bit MUI (Italian) 2013 Microsoft Office Shared MUI (Italian) 2013 Microsoft OneNote MUI (Italian) 2013 Microsoft Outlook MUI (Italian) 2013 Microsoft PowerPoint MUI (Italian) 2013 Microsoft Publisher MUI (Italian) 2013 Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17 Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161 Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.60610 Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 11.0.60610 Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Additional Runtime - 11.0.60610 Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.60610 Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Additional Runtime - 11.0.60610 Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.60610 Microsoft Word MUI (Italian) 2013 MWSnap 3 NVIDIA PhysX Outils de vérification linguistique 2013 de Microsoft Office - Français Path of Exile Quake Live Mozilla Plugin QuickTime Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2604121) Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2656351) Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2729449) Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2736428) Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2737019) Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2742595) Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2789642) Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2487367) Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2656351) Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2736428) Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2742595) Security Update for Microsoft Excel 2013 (KB2827238) 64-Bit Edition Security Update for Microsoft Lync 2013 (KB2850057) 64-Bit Edition Security Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2768005) 64-Bit Edition Security Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2810009) 64-Bit Edition Security Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2850064) 64-Bit Edition Security Update for Microsoft Outlook 2013 (KB2837618) 64-Bit Edition Sibelius 7 OpenType Fonts Sibelius 7.0.0.23 Skype™ 6.10 State of Decay Steam Supporto applicazioni Apple TeamSpeak 3 Client The Stanley Parable The Walking Dead To the Moon Tomb Raider TweakNow RegCleaner Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2468871) Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2533523) Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2600217) Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2468871) Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2533523) Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2600217) Update for Microsoft Access 2013 (KB2768008) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Access 2013 (KB2827233) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft InfoPath 2013 (KB2837648) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Lync 2013 (KB2817678) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2726954) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2726996) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2738038) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2760224) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2760242) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2760267) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2760539) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2760553) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2760610) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2767845) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2768016) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2817314) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2817316) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2817490) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2817626) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2826004) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2827225) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2827227) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2827230) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2827239) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2837626) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2837637) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2837638) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2837655) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2850066) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft OneNote 2013 (KB2850063) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 (KB2767850) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Project 2013 (KB2727085) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Publisher 2013 (KB2837635) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft SkyDrive Pro (KB2817495) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft SkyDrive Pro (KB2837652) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB2817306) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Visio Viewer 2013 (KB2768338) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Word 2013 (KB2837647) 64-Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Word 2013 (KB2850060) 64-Bit Edition Uplay VC_CRT_x64 VLC media player 2.0.8 Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant XFast LAN v6.61 XFastUSB ZOOM Edit&Share for Windows

• User Avatar Image
          DjNDB Moderator

Okay, that's good so far.

Please check if the game crash creates an entry in the event viewer in the "Windows Logs/Application" section.
          If so, right click the entry, select "copy the details as text", and paste it in a new reply.

If there are multiple different entries, please copy one of each type.

• Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 09/01/2014 01:08:21 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: SCATOLONERO3 Description: Faulting application name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2013.4.4.20609, time stamp: 0x515df55b Faulting module name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2013.4.4.20609, time stamp: 0x515df55b Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x000fb22e Faulting process id: 0x150c Faulting application start time: 0x01cf0ccee69722e2 Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe Report Id: 25ab9010-78c2-11e3-928a-bc5ff4bed0ea Event Xml: 100021000x80000000000000314407ApplicationSCATOLONERO3WalkingDead101.exe2013.4.4.20609515df55bWalkingDead101.exe2013.4.4.20609515df55bc0000005000fb22e150c01cf0ccee69722e2D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exeD:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe25ab9010-78c2-11e3-928a-bc5ff4bed0ea

• User Avatar Image
              DjNDB Moderator

Drive: E: Model: hp CDDVDW TS-H653R SCSI CdRom Device

Documents folder: E:\Documenti

I went through all the data again and found the cause. Your documents folder is linked to be on your CD drive, which won't work for the game because it needs to write there.
              If you still have the drive that used to be E: when you moved it, you can make it E: again, and move the documents folder back properly.

Alternatively you can do it in the registry, but then you need to move the files from the previous documents folder back manually if you want them there.

First, open a command window:
              * Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question. Make sure you get the entire two lines of text at once, because it's actually one line:

REG EXPORT "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders" sf_backup.reg

That's a backup of the current settings, just in case. Now do the same with this line to set the folder back to the default value. This is also supposed to be in one line:

REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders" /v Personal /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d ^%USERPROFILE^%\Documents\

Right after that the game should work without compatibility mode.

Posting the error codes together with my version so they can be found in the future:

Faulting module name: WalkingDead101.exe version: 2013.4.4.20609 time stamp: 0x515df55b Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x000fb22e

Fehlermodulname: WalkingDead101.exe Fehlermodulversion: 2012.4.23.11302 Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4f95f664 Ausnahmecode: c0000005 Ausnahmeoffset: 000fab2e

• I'm having the error message "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" and i just don't know what to do. Help would be much appreciated.

Add Comment